whats causing the update loop?

anonymous_user

Im using a Vista SP1 source btw.

This vista update loop is a major problem, not only with you, but many people as well (i have been experiencing as well). If someone can please point out which component removal causes this, then please let us know.

Thank you

If the infinite loop occurs after installing numerous windows updates, check to see if you removed the ipsec policy agent and windows remote mgt services.

I intentionally removed them as previously they were not needed with Vlite v.1.1.6 and did a virtual os install, updated the system with 25 windows updates and the infinite loop occurred.

Then I redid my Vista Ultimate iso adding back ipsec policy agent and windows remote management, reinstalled, did the 25 updates and no problems.

Interestingly I have the policy agent service disabled in the services configuration section as by default it is set to automatic. I left the windows remote management service left in the default manual setting as it never starts. I guess the operating system either needs the files associated with one or both of these services even if they never run.

I didn't go so far with the experiment to see if one of the services could be removed as Vlite v1.2 now says Windows Update needs both.

I hope this helps with your problem.

Gary

Im using a Vista SP1 source btw.

This vista update loop is a major problem, not only with you, but many people as well (i have been experiencing as well). If someone can please point out which component removal causes this, then please let us know.

Thank you

This is my config file and I do not have the update loop

Last_Session.ini

Hi, the update that causes the update loop for me is KB952709. Seeing as I remove QoS for AV files and this update improves the performance of Windows Vista SP1-based computers by reducing audio and video (AV) stuttering among other things. I suspect this is the problem.