vLite 1.2 Final

Synomenon

I've downloaded Vista Ultimate w/SP1 from my TechNet account. It's this one:

Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 Checked/Debug Build (x64) - DVD (English)

en_windows_vista_ultimate_with_service_pack_1_checked_build_x64_dvd_71940.iso

from 03-07-2008

The file size is 3,330.93MB.

After extracting this ISO's files (using UltraISO) to a folder, I started up vLite 1.2 final. I pointed it to the folder where I extracted the ISO's files. vLite then gives me this message:

"

vLite supports Windows Vista from the versions 6.0.6000.16386 (RTM).

Version detected: 0.0.0.0.

You can continue at your own risk or if you just want to make / burn bootable ISO.

"

Also, under the status indicator on vLite's front page, it shows this when I point it to the folder where I extracted the ISO's files:

Operating system: Windows Longhorn Client

Description: Windows Longhorn Client (6001.18000.amd64chk.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840) EDITIONS:BUSINESS,HOMEBASIC,HOMEBASICN,HOMEPREMIUM,HOMEPREMIUMN,STARTER,ULTIMATE,ULTIMATEN,ENTERPRIS

E,ENTERPRISEN

Architecture: 64-bit

Version: 0.0.0.0

What's going on here? Why does vLite not recognize Vista Ultimate w/ SP1 in it already from TechNet?

Edited by IsLNdbOi

Ah ok, I suspected it might have something to do with that. The only other one I see w/ SP1 integrated already (02-28-2008) has all the versions in it. All I want is Ultimate. vLite can remove the other versions right?

Edited by IsLNdbOi

Ah ok, I suspected it might have something to do with that. The only other one I see w/ SP1 integrated already (02-28-2008) has all the versions in it. All I want is Ultimate. vLite can remove the other versions right?

Yes, vLite can remove other versions.

• 11 months later...