iastor driver for win2000

pr0fessor

need iastor driver for win2000. it seems that intel lick m$'s a** (rump) and they dont provide sata/raid drivers for win2000. the same driver works fine on winxp sp2/sp3 but not on 2000. i use microsoft virtual pc and dont use floppy disk, i use floppy image and image is 100% readable, same problem when integrate driver in cd... with via drivers installation work.

post-183432-1222027130_thumb.png

It's strange that it work in windows xp and don't work in 2000..

2000 can handle every application that windows xp can run, even with some dlls warpers if needed.

Should be some patched drivers or a unofficial one somewhere.

Edited by Meados

not every vendor make the same drivers for XP and 2000. i have k7s5a mb and inegrated lan is sis900. when i try to install driver for xp instead driver for 2000, windows say "this is not the driver" and i make force install and have bsod. other example: ati latest driver for 2000 is catalyst 7.4 after this driver you must edit CX_XXXXX.inf to work on win2k, because there is not C2_XXXXX.inf anymore. ati are too M$ a** lickers, they stop control panel and make only very slow catalyst control center and you must have dotnet... at the moment only via and nvidia make drivers for 2k

Edited by pr0fessor

... they dont provide sata/raid drivers for win2000. ...

No, this absolutely is not true.

IASTOR.SYS is in the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager. You can download iata57_enu.exe or iata57_cd.exe and extract IASTOR.SYS or you can download f6flpy32_57.zip if you want the floppy image. These are all version 5.7.0.1011 for Windows 2000.

Step-by Step instructions are given by Intel here:

How to do unattended install of AHCI/RAID driver on Windows 2000

Click on the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager link at the bottom of that page.

On the next page: Click Get the latest driver

On the next page, select: Windows* 2000 and click Go!

On the next page download the files you need.

@cluberti you are right. my pc is enough fast to install vista32 ot 64 with aero support (kde 3.4 with opengl look well and go faster with k6@266 and nvidia vanta), buth i dont like vista and xp (because this is my job - to repair windows and pcs. and windows 2000 is much more stable than vista and xp and is faster and smaller, (why install vista and spend 20gb disk space instead use this space for games or movies?). only startup loading is slower...

this si old driver. if i want install win2000 with raid on 965 or something newer?

Intel® 5000P Chipset

Intel® 5000V Chipset

Intel® 5000X Chipset

Intel® 910 Express Chipset Family

Intel® 915 Express Chipset Family

Intel® 925X Express Chipset Family

Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family

Intel® 955X Express Chipset

Intel® E7230 Chipset

Intel® Matrix Storage Manager

Intel® Matrix Storage Technology

Mobile Intel® 910GML Express Chipset

Mobile Intel® 915 Express Chipset Family

Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family

this support only up to ICH7, this mean 975 ist latest (because 965 is wit ICH8) but thanks Schloss anyway, i will use this driver :thumbup

and i prefer to integrate driver thru txtsetup.sif instead of $OEM$ folder because i want integrate 2 windows instalations:

one with unatended install and another with classic install (if i need repair option, and recovery console)

Edited by pr0fessor

and windows 2000 is much more stable than vista and xp and is faster and smaller, (why install vista and spend 20gb disk space instead use this space for games or movies?). only startup loading is slower...
Well, I'd have to agree 2000 is faster and smaller than XP or Vista, because it's basically the NT4 kernel with plug and play and the 98 desktop. Considering most of it's code is from 1993 - 1998, yes, it's probably faster on a 2GHz machine with 512MB of RAM when it's kernel was designed for 64MB of RAM and <500MHz chips. But for stability, that's harder to quantify. If you experience stability with 2000, great. However, it is really quite easy to make XP (and even Vista) just as performant and stable. Otherwise, glad to hear you fixed your issue with schloss' assistance.

• 2 weeks later...