Vista Real Glass (.msstyle)

epic

The Teal border around the active windows is very annoying and doesn't reflect what TRUE glass looks like. Just from that border alone I've lost concentration and it also gave me headaches having to see this odd image in the corner of my eye. The same as what a pin hole (air pocket) in glass would do... So, I decided the FIX the problem, and make Aero (Microsofts default Vista visual style) look like what GLASS truely looks like.

Someone at Microsoft needs to get out more and look at REAL glass. How do I know what REAL GLASS looks like? Several years ago I had the opportunity to work at one of the largest Glass manufacturing plants in the nation for nearly 3 yrs. Personally, I worked on the assembly line unloading and inspecting completed glass. Cathode production, silkscreen; REAL 52%+ Gold, Silver, Bronze, Titanium, etc... seeing these cathode bricks laying around was amazing, plus holding a real gold cathode bar in your hand worth tens of thousands of dollars was mind blowing, or a standard tint which is boring to look at. I've worked with raw, tempered and plate glass physically (probably one of most 50 dangerous jobs). I can tell you it's the best cardiovascular workout anyone could ever receive. Since you were probably asking...

I'm sharing the fix with everyone. Feel free to share it! If you do share, please use the link I supplied in this post.

Before & After pics.

realglass2jn9.png

Readme/Install notes included in download.

http://rapidshare.com/files/147869783/Vista_Aero__Real_Glass_.rar

realglassrw3zw0.png

Cheers,

~e

Edited by epic