iTunes Micro x86 8.0.0.35 (10.3Mb)

Features:

Removed Apple Mobile Device Support Service

Removed Apple Software Update Service

Removed Bonjour Service

Removed QuickTime

Removed iTunesHelper.exe autorun at startup

Removed Languages (english only)

Note: iTunes requires QuickTime in order to run!

Please install 'QuickTime Alternative' & 'iTunes compatibility add-on' before installing iTunes 8 Micro.

Download: iTunes 8 Micro

Download: QuickTime Alternative & Add-on

Credit: big thanks to clsid @ Codec Guide for the iTunes 8 Add-on

:thumbup

Hi, i'm not trying to knock your efforts, but there is already a thread about iTunes installers, which were build by Shark007 and i'm now keeping his work alive.

You can read it here.

that thread is about switchless itunes installers and this one is not switchless ;)

also im not trying to knock Shark007 or your efforts with the switchless installers with this post either, i used your switchless itunes installers in the past and still use other Shark007 custom installers...so props to both of you :) this is simply just another option. my motivation, the same as yours, is the ridiculous bloat of the itunes install package...yikes, what happened to apple? they used to be so cool! remember the quicktime 5 installer?

Note: Also it should be pointed out that these stipped down itunes only work with iPods...NO iPhones & NO iTouch!

currently i have a 80Gb 5.5g using quicktime alternative 2.7.0 & itunes 8 compatibility add-on w/ this installer which is only english - x86 and i dont plan on making multi-language & x64 versions(if your interested in making these elajua pm me i will show you the changes) and when iphones go 32Gb i will probably get one...yay...and not use these anymore too

This is the only difference.

If you want to convert my releses to "normal" installers repack them using this config.txt:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="msistub itunes.msi"
;!@InstallEnd@!

I use this one for silent install:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="msistub itunes.msi /qb /norestart"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Thx for posting this on the forums and it works perfectly for me.

Definitely a better way to install iTunes but I had a bit of trouble installing this silently with the Quicktime Alternative and Quicktime iTunes Addon.

Any tips on how to install these 3 silently?

DungFu

Edited by Tripredacus

Thx for posting this on the forums and it works perfectly for me.

Definitely a better way to install iTunes but I had a bit of trouble installing this silently with the Quicktime Alternative and Quicktime iTunes Addon.

Any tips on how to install these 3 silently?

DungFu

Read my first post. There is a link to my installers, which are switchless (install silently).

For both QuickTime Alternative use this: /silent /norestart or /verysilent /norestart (if you don't want to see installation progress).

This is the only difference.

If you want to convert my releses to "normal" installers repack them using this config.txt:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="msistub itunes.msi"
;!@InstallEnd@!

wrong! this does NOT work. :no:

setup launches but fails before installation.

Well, i just tried that and the setup launches and offer to uninstall o repair my current installation without errors (i didn't try a new install because i have it already on all my computers).

However, using switchless installers is the same as launching a setup routine. Only thing is that you don't have to click on anything or to choose any options.

PS: if you have more doubts or questions, please post them on the thread i linked to in my first post.

Well, i just tried that and the setup launches and offer to uninstall o repair my current installation without errors (i didn't try a new install because i have it already on all my computers).

really that was the extent of your "testing"

However, using switchless installers is the same as launching a setup routine. Only thing is that you don't have to click on anything or to choose any options.

wrong, using switchless installers is NOT the same. do you honestly think i would bother posting this at all if all i did was change this "msistub itunes.msi /qb /norestart" to this "msistub itunes.msi"...i can also see this thread is going nowhere, maybe shark007 can explain the difference to you

PS: if you have more doubts or questions, please post them on the thread i linked to in my first post.

i doubt ill have any questions for your thread :)

later, rrtn