Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (KIS 8)

ripulisimo

Hi guys!

You can do it like this:

[if you have the downloadable version]

Use 7-Zip to extract the original installer (it's an NSIS one). Grab the .msi file (kis.en.msi) and create a WinRAR SFX

switchless installer with the following comment:

Setup=msiexec.exe /i kis.en.msi /quiet /norestart

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Title=Kaspersky Internet Security v8.0.0.454

To register it silently, export your key from within Kaspersky (it has got this option);

or

If you have an activation code, go to <https://activation.kaspersky.com/en/> and export it to a .key file.

Put the .key file in the same folder where your .msi file is (it will get picked up and imported during install), then create

your switchless installer.

[if you have an OEM disc]

The .msi is already on there.

To install kaspersky silently, grab the msi file and run it with this switch /qb /norestart. Put your key in the same folder of the msi file, it will be automatically added.

for your config file, unfortunately the latest release do not update your config during the installation. you have to export it manually.

To install kaspersky silently, grab the msi file and run it with this switch /qb /norestart. Put your key in the same folder of the msi file, it will be automatically added.

for your config file, unfortunately the latest release do not update your config during the installation. you have to export it manually.

Yeah thanks, kinda hoped you could export config during install, but it's not big job to export them manually :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello! :hello:

So does anyone know howto make KIS 2009 unattended (silent) install? So that license key and specified settings gets imported during installation =/...

What's about extracting the files in the downloaded "kis8.0.0.454en.exe" with Universal extracror, Winrar or some other program and making an nlite add-on with the extracted files, the key file and the "Bases" directory?

namely:

[NSIS].nsi

setup.exe

kis.en.msi

KISxxxxxxxxxx*.KEY

[bases] directory which in my case is found in the following path:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8.

Use the following switch " kis.en.msi /qb /norestart"

I have not given it a try yet and I shall kindly invite any member proposing to make an unattended Windows installation to give consideration preferably on a re-writable CD/DVD and submit the outcome, please.

that doesn't work like this