Explorer has caused an error in <unknown>

starcraftmaster

Well, with the little details you provided it's difficult to find the problem(could you elaborate more on this problem?). Also, Windows ME is notorious for crashing often, and you would be better off formatting, and reinstall Windows.

well i did a repair install to fix a few probloms and every time i start the computer that will come up i cant do a system restore becasue i just did a repair install plus before i did the repair install i had no system restore becasue i toke it away with system restore remover pro

am gussing that it may be a start up app but i unclicked eeverry thing in msconfig

Maybe you removed some application that is still referred to in the registry. Install Codestuff Starter, enable any advanced/expert options and have a closer look at the startup items, but do not disable anything that might be system-related, or you'll end up with a non-bootable system.

Also install some registry cleaner software and perform a clean-up.

You're both welcome. I've known and used that application for a very long time, it's one of my basic tools. Thanks goes to the CodeStuff team that develops it.

@ starcraftmaster: you can restore the missing file from the WinME CD. It would be a good idea to check its direct dependencies with Dependency Walker, in case there's other files missing as well.

but web check and auhook does this to

AUhook

{BCBCD383-3E06-11D3-91A9-00C04F68105C}|C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AUHOOK.DLL|||||

web check

E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED}|C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WEBCHECK.DLL|

they seem to be all: registry machine shellserviceobjects

when i change it to some thing else they work fine

so its some to do with :registry machine shellserviceobjects