How many times can I reinstall the Os?

David_jcd

Hello!

On my old pc (windows XP home) I reinstalled the OS so many times, that one day I couldn't authenticate Windows any more. I got a message like this: "this product key has been used too many times, call ... for assistance". So I had to call and talk to an operator who gave me the correct key for activating Windows.

Does it happen on Vista Home Premium too or can I Vlite as many times as I want?

Thank you!

Edited by David_jcd

There is a maximum amount for Vista aswell, but the good part is that you don't have to type inn the serial untill 30 days after you have installed Vista, so you can test it as much as you want, and when you're happy you can enter the serial.

There is a maximum amount for Vista aswell, but the good part is that you don't have to type inn the serial untill 30 days after you have installed Vista, so you can test it as much as you want, and when you're happy you can enter the serial.

Do you know what the exact number is?

There's no limit, if you are activating too often because you reinstall too often, you'll just have to call. If there was a limit the operator would have told you "tough luck".

yes, in fact I could format my old computer anyway... Just wanted to know how many timed cuold I activate without calling...