Hi

mcbry

hello, my name is Bryan. I'm a USAmerican living in Madrid, Spain. I'm just preparing to download nLite or vLite (I'm not very clear yet on which I need) for the first time. I'm pretty new to this idea of getting to know my computer and losing the fear of the magical black box that lives in my office.

I found my way here because I've just bought a Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop preloaded with Vista Home, and I'd like to do a fresh install of XP pro. I thought I was all ready to do this, when I realized after actually going through one installation that the Intel Matrix Storage Manager to control the SATA drive needed special attention. While I had heard great things about nLite prior to this experience, this is the first time I will actually attempt to use it. In this case, necessity is the mother of learning.

So my first question, which I will now do a search for, is this, : do I need to use nLite or vLite to modify my XP installation disk from a Vista OS? I was initially thinking nLite, but I've read that nLite requires the installation of .NET framework 2.0 and I don't see Vista listed as one of the compatible OSs.

I'm looking forward to getting to know this forum and the associated products, and will try to find a way to contribute in the future.

Bryan