Installing Office from WPI

Hi there, I am very new to WPI . Basicaly i want to have a disc with the options of installing microsoft office, this will be 5 entries office,frontpage,visio,project and onenote. The problem i have is that i want to tell the application not to reboot after each install of the varios parts of office.

the code i am using is

%cdrom%\office2003\office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qn-

%cdrom%\office2003\frontpage\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qn-

%cdrom%\office2003\visio\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qn-

%cdrom%\office2003\project\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qn-

%cdrom%\office2003\onenote\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qn-

what piece of code is required to stop the reboot

thanks in advance

:huh: It shouldn't be rebooting between there at all, unless you have placed reboot commands in there...

its not rebooting, i am getting some sort of error msg saying it cant reboot, so i was thinking if i told it not to reboot then i would not get the error msg, just my weird thinking on the problem ive got.

ive now found on anther site the code is /noreboot

so i will add this to my code and find out if my error msg goes away

it could also b e a problem with vm where

if i still get the problem i will post pictures and more info.

What version of office are you trying to use? If its 2003 Pro then look here;

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/50/

This is what I used to make mine and it works like a charm! as for Frontpage and the others im not to sure at the mo :(

Stoner81

I found some "bugs" in the installer that cleared up some of the error messages. Still not 100% but have some people testing it.

It seems that WPI is getting "tricked" into believing a reboot happened and get started over internally. Totally got me confused. The current error message is only possible after a reboot. No one is doing a reboot.

Stay tuned.............

I found some "bugs" in the installer that cleared up some of the error messages. Still not 100% but have some people testing it.

It seems that WPI is getting "tricked" into believing a reboot happened and get started over internally. Totally got me confused. The current error message is only possible after a reboot. No one is doing a reboot.

Stay tuned.............

mritter pm sent

What version of office are you trying to use? If its 2003 Pro then look here;

This is what I used to make mine and it works like a charm! as for Frontpage and the others im not to sure at the mo :(

Stoner81

I have used that guide to form my MST files for unatended instalation in WPI, I am now testing for mritter to try and find and iron out a few problems.

prior to running your install of WPI i tested 5 individual installs of office, project, visio, onenote and frontpage.

all were successful. All of my codes end with /noreboot so this should set the installer not to reboot but it does

on the second instance of an office instalation or something tricks WPI into thinking it should reboot. I dont know

coding but i do know logic. I only use one line of code per instalation, as shown below.

%cdrom%\office2003\office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- /noreboot

%cdrom%\office2003\frontpage\setunext instalation p.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- /noreboot

%cdrom%\office2003\visio\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- /noreboot

%cdrom%\office2003\project\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- /noreboot

%cdrom%\office2003\onenote\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- /noreboot

none of that should be new to you of course but if i were to add a second comand line per install which was noreboot would WPI

look at that and not reboot?

How could i code that into the second command line or is it a non starter.

another option would be to try and delay the start of the ofending instalation by some sort of time loop

How could i code that into the second command line or is it a non starter as well.

I am just thinking out loud it might help or on the other hand i might be talking drivel.

For a delay, put a PAUSE 10 in command 2.

Like I said in my email: it's not WPI's fault. It is something with the installer code. I have another idea to try, but WPI may get "confused" in another way. I will test it out Wed and post a new beta that night.

For a delay, put a PAUSE 10 in command 2.

Like I said in my email: it's not WPI's fault. It is something with the installer code. I have another idea to try, but WPI may get "confused" in another way. I will test it out Wed and post a new beta that night.

tried those now and still no luck... ah well we live and try again.... let me know when there is more beta testing to do

Rob

What version of Office?

Read and follow this

Then in WPI for the application assuming you have it in WPI\Install folder you will need the following in the config of WPI

"%wpipath%\Install\xxxxx\PRO11.MSI" TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

where xxxxx is the name of the folder containing all your files.

Hope this helps

Stoner81