CanT Browse the internet !

D_block

here is the problem !!!

i am hooking up two pc's a laptop and a desktop to a network . so i am using the internet provider blink modem and running it through a linksys router G broadband switch WRT54GC . The problem is when I hook up the network there is no internet connectivity... the connections works fine between the 2 units but i cant access the net on either machines unless i use the service providers modem directly the either of the machines ....

is there something i should know , or that i may need to check as to why i am getting this problem >><?

Edited by D_block

You can either try configuring your router for DHCP aquired internet connection, remove the power to the DSL modem, remove the power to the router, then restore power to the DSL modem then to the router. Or do the same thing with the router configured as PPoE with your Username/Password.

Some DSL modems will block the internet connection through a router unless DHCP is turned on. This happened to me when I got a new Verizon modem. If I used static IP and even the same info that the modem sends (like DNS, gateway, DNS Suffix, etc) it won't let you connect to the internet or even ping the modem itself. It also could be that your router needs a firmware update.