windows 7 beta and vlite

aviv00

use usb drive then

i use hdd :)

In the end, what can and what can't be removed from Windows 7 with vlite?

is there a way to "shrink" Windows 7 to 3-4 GB on HDD? Iknow that HDD's are cheap now, but still...

i success to make it 4.5 giga but with packages removed

printer drivers and same more and then i used vlite

Image Index: 1

-------------------

Name: Windows 7 ULTIMATE

Description: Windows 7 ULTIMATE

Flags: Ultimate

Files: 37485

Folders: 7948

Expanded Size: 4521 MB

Edited by aviv00

Has anyone gotten this to fit on a cd yet? I dont care how much space it takes up after installation, i just need it on a cd because for some reason my freaking laptop refuses to boot from any dvd i throw at it...

Just split the image..and burn it to 3 cd's.

Good luck

here a file with list from dism removal and vlite

btw win7 is d*** nice 35 secs for boot up :)

services tweaks helps to short it from 39 secs

hibernation takes 3-5 secs not more ;D

safe.txt

Edited by aviv00

Windows 7 won't finish installation if you remove the game explorer or SQM (along with crash dump (not verified by me) and manual install).

As far as I know its only Manual Install you need to keep, I know for a fact it works without Game Explorer.

Not sure about the other SQM thing.

and you can't touch the unattended settings.

You can. Maybe not in vLite, I don't know, but you can touch unattended settings on Windows 7.

Has anyone gotten this to fit on a cd yet? I dont care how much space it takes up after installation, i just need it on a cd because for some reason my freaking laptop refuses to boot from any dvd i throw at it...

Impossible until Nuhi supports Windows 7. You can't get it below 1.2Gb even if you tick every box in vLite.

So it does work with Build 7000 and 7004?

But not the unattended part, nor integrating drivers part? :(

All I really want is vLite to do so that my user is the built in administrator user out-of-the-box, can't stand all this "owner restriction" stuff!

use usb drive then

i use hdd :)

Sadly, it doesnt boot from usb :(

Just split the image..and burn it to 3 cd's.

Good luck

Im going to sound like a noob, but how does one go about splitting the iso into cds? I've never done it before.

So it does work with Build 7000 and 7004?

But not the unattended part, nor integrating drivers part? :(

All I really want is vLite to do so that my user is the built in administrator user out-of-the-box, can't stand all this "owner restriction" stuff!

As for the unattended part it's still a NO like most have already bugged about, so just turn off UAC?

Back on topic..

Some components have been moved/altered so removing them is not gonna make a difference. Drivers can't be included nor hotfixes (I assume). Most drivers aren't included with Win7 like s***ty printer drivers from brands all around the world (thank you M$) which was also a waste of space IMO. Removing, as in "official" vLiting from MS is best thing that has happened since sliced bread, when they finally thought about making stuff downloadable rather than including crap that the majority/minority never even used. A smaller install size makes it even more awesome than Vista will ever be. Except from winssxs and a couple of services and some unwanted components this could last till we got flying cars or whats not.

Heck being able to to ditch DVDs or for some "poor" folks CDs, this makes it the best OS ever. Installable from HDD = win. Now all that's left is try this feature from a flashdrive.

Edited by Chrno

hello, i'm stilatore and this is my first post here....

by the way i'm getting error 0x80070570 after i have made my version of windows 7 lite using vlite...

i get that error during windows 7 installation when expand file or something like that reaches 100%...

What did you remove from your Win7 installation?

I found that it might be safe to remove these:

* Speech & Native Language Support.

* All additional languages.

* Inbox & Premium Inbox games.

* Windows Media Centre.

* Music & Video samples.

* Windows Search.

* Tablet PC features.

I'm going to try vliting Win7 removing only the parts mentioned above.