Laptops

All the laptops sold now only have official support for XP, Vista and a few with Linux. I am searching for a laptop that all the hardware has working drivers available for Windows 2000. I'm hoping to find one that has dedicated accelerated video for games as well. Has anybody had experience finding a modern one that works?

I know most people say and prefer XP is better, but it's a matter of opinion I suppose. I'm not going to debate it. 2000 is my preference.

I always preferred the look and feel of Windows 2000 as opposed to the child's toy look of XP. I'm familiar with it. I dislike all the Windows genuine advantage stuff that phones home and locks down the computer simply because you made hardware changes or any other anomaly.

Everything I use runs fine with Windows 2000. It's faster and takes up less space, especially when doing the hfslip with all the current updates and removing IE. I know many XP drivers will work in Windows 2000, however, I know not all do. The manufactures have been less than helpful when I inquire about compatibility.

I know most people say and prefer XP is better, but it's a matter of opinion I suppose. I'm not going to debate it. 2000 is my preference.

:thumbup

But beware, some (rare) laptops are tied to particular OS in the BIOS through ACPI tables or something... I'm not talking about OEM preactivation. I'm not a hardware expert, but I had one (cheap) ECS laptop that wouldn't take anything else than XP.

But those are extremely rare. Any brand name should be fine. Just make sure it has a driver for SATA/AHCI controller (if it carries one).

GL