XP Activation loop. help please

fuzytwitch

Hello,

I've got a bit of an issue. I think it's nLite related but I'm not 100% certain.

I am putting XP on to an eeePC900 for a friend of mine. He has purchased a legitimate copy of windows XP Pro and I am using the key provided in the slipstream. I have verified that the key is correct. I used http://www.i64x.com/eeexp.php as a basis for my install. I the nly places that I deviated are some minor drives taht I wanted to leave in to suit my frined's needs. I installed XP without issue (as far as I could tell). The problem that I am having is this:

When booting into windows I get an error window telling me I have to activate windows before I can log in. This doesn't bother me since this is a legit version of windows. I activate over the net (once I slipstreamed the NIC driver in) and I get the standard "thank you" window. However, I'm then met with the error window asking to activate before I can enter windows. So, obviously, the second time the internet activation doesn't work so I have to use the automated phone system. Get an activation code and finish... and same thing all over again.

Has any one experienced this problem and can someone give me a hand. I have seached through the forums and not found anything that can help me. I have a bit of a time line on this one so I had to post a question. I will continue to look ut if someone has an answer I would really appreciate some help.

fuzytwitch,

Google gets many hits on 'repeated activation windows XP'. I looked, briefly, and they seem to revolve around the hardware information sent to MS to validate your copy. Look in your System Event Log and see if you are getting errors logged at the time of you activation request window. Please attach (not paste) the LastSession.ini. What OS did you do the nLite build under? Did you start with a fresh copy of the source (not nLited before)? There are also many hits in this forum for eeePC. I suggest you look to see what others have experienced.

I think most here have 'bit of a time line'.

Enjoy, John.

I don't often post in forums. I prefer to look around and find them. Due to this frined wanting to ship the system next week I was hopeing someone might know the answere here.

I will look into the even viewer and get that lastSession.ini file to you shortly.

I work for a computer company and used a normal XPPSP2 OEM disk. it has not been nLited before.

I will try the searches you mentioned as well. thank you for the help.

for anyone that stumbles on this thread,

I followed the following post:

http://forum.soft32.com/win3/repeated-acti...opict42795.html

Now Windows asks for activation but when I go to activate I'm told that the product is already activtaed. I know that issue is covered in several places in this forum. when I find one that works I will post the link.

Thank you for the help in finding the right collections of words to seach for in google. sometimes that can be half the battle