Visual Problems

Stoner81

Ok guys wasnt sure where to put this so i thought to put it in here since its a theme problem.

Now i intergrated a theme using nLite which it now uses but i have since intergrated another one using nLite (even using a totally fresh setup of the XP cd) now its the new one which i want to use as the default one on boot up. The theme is there and can be selected manually once the system has booted but im after getting rid of that part.

So after intergrating the new theme with nLite i realised i also had theme in my $OEM$\Resources\Themes folder too could it be this that is causing the problem?

I have also edited my WINNT.SIF file with the following code at the very BOTTOM of the file

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile="%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\VistaVG Black.theme"

and this doesn't work for me at the moment.

My second problem is i have found a shell32.dll file and shellstyle.dll that i want to use since it should change the file animations (when moving/deleting/copying files) i have looked within the file with ResHacker to check this but the system will not use them for some reason??

They have been put into $OEM$\system32 on my setup cd and still no luck since this should (as far as i know) overwrite the normal windows ones??

Any help will be greatly appreciated guys!

Thanks in advance ;)

Stoner81.

Ok guys a slight update here now i have sorted out the theme problem, the problem i think was that i had put the extra info in the WINNT.SIF file in the wrong place which was screwing things up.

So its just the shell32.dll and the shellstyle.dll files now.

Cheers.

Stoner81.

Ok guys a slight update here now i have sorted out the theme problem, the problem i think was that i had put the extra info in the WINNT.SIF file in the wrong place which was screwing things up.

Cheers.

Stoner81.

Stoner81, if I'm correctly understand you, read this one. :hello:

If you have not deleted shell32.dll file from WFP list, it will be overwritting by standart files from \WINDOWS\system32\dllcache folder. Try to use it in this way:

edit you shell32.dll, then process it by modifype and make cab-file (shell32.dl_) and replace original file in i386 folder.

After this original shell32.dll will not overwrite you custom shell32.dll.

Cheers.

Stoner81.

Stoner81, if I'm correctly understand you, read this one. :hello:

If you have not deleted shell32.dll file from WFP list, it will be overwritting by standart files from \WINDOWS\system32\dllcache folder. Try to use it in this way:

edit you shell32.dll, then process it by modifype and make cab-file (shell32.dl_) and replace original file in i386 folder.

After this original shell32.dll will not overwrite you custom shell32.dll.

Ok then buddy, the shell32.dll and shellstyle.dll files that I have i would like to use so could I just use makecab on them and put them into the I386 folder on my setup cd? This is what i will try and do and report back on how things go ;)

Thanks a lot for your help, very much appreciated :)

Stoner81

i will try and do and report back on how things go ;)

And don't forget to modify these files by modifype :hello:

What will that do?

I have put them straight in just as a test and the shellstyles.dll has caused a minor problem it has overlayed the icons included on top of the normal ones from programs etc.

I am going to replace the original shellstyles.dll and re-try and see what happens.

Stoner81.

EDIT - there is no original shellstyles.dl_ (or .dll) on my orginal setup cd so im assuming that it is something else. This is sooo frustrating to say the least!!!

The overlayed icons i do quite like and would like to keep them but i have no idea on how to stop the system from overlaying the new icons with the old ones.

Edited by Stoner81

What will that do?

It will modify original md5 summ to edited PE files. Without that operation Windows Installer will not copy edited PE files. It's strongly recommended to edit md5 summ!

Ok m8 i have used it and it still wont **** work!!!! tis driving me nuts!!!

I used Modifype on the shell32.dll file then used makecab on it then put it into the I386 folder of my setup cd but it still overlays the new icons with the old ones beneath.

Im really lost now on what to do... thanks a lot for all your help m8 very much appreciated.

Stoner81

EDIT - Ok folks i have used Restorator to get the file animation into the shell32.dll but its in the wrong place. When moving/copying etc the animation to a little to far to the right and i have got no idea on how to solve this i think its something to do with modifype and have tried to change the alignment but it wont have it.

Any ideas?

Edited by Stoner81