Using WPI in XPE replacement

Greetings all!

I was searching for a slightly nicer looking bootup application for Windows PE to replace most of the GUI of xpeinit.exe. Specifically, its' GUI.

I am using the ReaToGo version of XPE fyi.

I can go through the process of adding all of the commands that will be launched, however I have found that since the sound-card is not initialized yet (happens in the second stage of setup) so when the program tries to play the "ticking" sound for the timer timeout it will semi-crash trying. (Also the actual "wizard" window fails to load or do anything of consequence)

Unfortunately no errors popup usually (and if they do I can't trace where the error in the code is since it doesn't tell me any useful information about included code...), so I'm lost in figuring out how to get this to work properly.

This far I have hacked down the code to remove the "Abort" features (Since aborting the system's startup is usually disastrous! :) ) However I can do nothing to prevent the user from just pressing Alt-F4 (on accident I suppose)

Anyone have suggestions for this?

I am having a bit of a hard time wraping my head around what you are trying todo...

BUT

I know how you can disable the sound for the timer.

Go into your themes folder and look for this line (Ussually around line 17) in wpi.htm

<bgsound id="TimerSound" src="#" loop="1" autostart="true"> Change that to false and you should be doing fine now.