Really annoying problem with RunOnceEx.cmd!

Right I am sorry if I seem a little crabby, I have been trying to fix this problem for the last 7 (yes SEVEN!!!) hours and was up untill 4:30 this morning...

I have made a program using AutoPlay Media Studio for my Office 2003 installation, My Office2003 has had SP3 slipstreamed & I have made a Unattended.mst file using Custom Installation Wizard.

I have made this AutoPlay application to automatically setup Office using the Setup.exe and the TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- switch, program then waits until the setup has completed and then it installs the updates using the /q switch.

Now the problem that is making me pull my hair out is, it all works perfect when I just double click on my application, but when it should run from the RunOnceEx.cmd at startup, it does nothing, just displays the window of my program, but blank, no text at all!

The entry of the RunOnceEx.cmd file is:

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off
FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%i:
SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications This may take a while" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Microsoft Office 2003 Professional" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\Office2003\Office2003.exe" /f

EXIT

Now the strange thing is, when I double click on the RunOnceEx.cmd file and I look in the registry, it displays the full path to this location, and I copy it straight from the registry and paste it into the run box, it again works perfectly, it is just a problem with running from the RunOnceEx.cmd file on startup...

Now to test that it is all ok, I made another program, nothing flashy, just a little white box with the text "it works!!" and if I put this into the RunOnceEx.cmd file, it does work on startup!

PLEASE I am ripping my hair out here and I need help desperately!!

Try This

CMDOW @ /HID

@ECHO OFF

SET TAGFILE=\cd.txt

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

FOR %%I IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST "%%I:%TAGFILE%" SET CDROM=%%I:

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Microsoft Office 2003 Professional" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\Office2003\Office2003.exe" /f

Hi all, I have found the problemo here :)

It was actually with AutoPlay Media Studio, as I had the option set to hide the bit that shows on the taskbar (like when you open something, be it a program or a window, that bit that appears at the bottom (see attatchment)

So after a lot of ripping my hair out, I just changed it back to standard and all was well!

I think the problem occured because when running RunOnceEx on startup, it dont load the taskbar, and this was where the error was coming from!

Thanks for the replies though, I only figured it out a few hours ago :)

post-184619-1221672451_thumb.jpg