Stuck on WIM FILTER installation

leggysoe

So I installed the Vlite, followed the instruction, installed the WAIK but vlite still does not recognize it and asks me to install the VAIK when i press "install" for WIM Filter.

I tried uninstalling everything and install WAIK first then vLite but no luck. I tried rebooting also.

Does anyone know what the problem is???

EDIT** NVM Found a solution.

I copied wimgapi.dll file to vLite folder and it works like a charm.

Edited by leggysoe

i have the same problem, but i cannot install wim. the file it points to on the ms site is an iso image with just a readme file. can't really install a readme file. though there is 1.49GB of data on this invisable iso.

what do i have to do?

i have the same problem, but i cannot install wim. the file it points to on the ms site is an iso image with just a readme file. can't really install a readme file. though there is 1.49GB of data on this invisable iso.

what do i have to do?

It's an iso image so mount with Deamon Tools.

I was stuck, too but just got vLite to run by doing the following:

1) I installed the X86 inf from this application: http://rapidshare.com/files/137751695/WIMGAPI.rar.html

(I found the instructions for this here: http://www.msfn.org/board/WIM-Filter-t121987.html)

2) I manually copied these two files, wimfltr.sys and wimgapi.dll, from the same X86 folder and placed them in the vLite folder.

When I followed only step #1, vLite failed to run. When I did both steps (even though it seems redundant), vLite runs.

But now vLite crashes when I try to identify folders and reports a "Mounting Image Error: Make sure your temp folder in Options is not a networked drive". This error persists even after I associate another temp folder in vLite.

ErgoMan

copy these files into the vlite folder

http://rapidshare.com/files/145202176/Vlite_WIM.rar.html

it doesn't work for me, not with the 1.2 final.

I downloaded WAIK though

worked perfectly fine for me. and saved me a download of 1,49 gb (why not point the download option to that file instead of this iso if it does the job?)

Just be sure to unpack everything to a temp folder, then rightclick the appropriate inf version for your architecture and click install, confirm the UAC

request and that part is done.

Afterwards copy the dll in the root of this rar file to your vlite folder, again confirm UAC and you're done.

It most likely fails to directly unzip into the vlite install root, as it is situated in the "Program Files" folder which is protected by UAC

hope i could help

worked perfectly fine for me. and saved me a download of 1,49 gb (why not point the download option to that file instead of this iso if it does the job?)

Just be sure to unpack everything to a temp folder, then rightclick the appropriate inf version for your architecture and click install, confirm the UAC

request and that part is done.

Afterwards copy the dll in the root of this rar file to your vlite folder, again confirm UAC and you're done.

It most likely fails to directly unzip into the vlite install root, as it is situated in the "Program Files" folder which is protected by UAC

hope i could help

man I feel like a total noob, 'install' on the inf XD didn't ever notice that one, thnx very much :D