i need a non-destructive mp3 editor

yken

i have hundres of mp3 speech files that i have to edit them, remove some parts. These are not music files but speech. as far as i know editing decreases quality.

There is mp3directcut but its not suiatbel for some of my needs. İ use sony sound forge. I can select any part and remove it.But i know when i save it quality changes.

So is there any software to edit mp3 files witohut changing quality? Any web place to learn things about mp3 editing?

Problem is MP3 compression is lossy compression; it resamples the audio and removes less audible frequencies. You should be working with WAV files since they are uncompressed and lossless. Afterwards you may if you wish encode the files again and use a lossy compression like MP3 or a lossless compression like FLAC.

my files are all MP3 files, speech files that are special in content. Do you mean if i convert them to wav /flac then edit them, then reconvert back to mp3 there will be no loss?

i searched but found only 1 program that is MP3 directcut can do nondestructive editing.Should not be more software? If a 400 kb file can do this why adobe audition or sony sound forge ....cant do this?