Wich vista is recommend for me?

martijn1010

Vista is one heck of a system resource HOG!

Just the size of Vista on the HD is several times greater than XP.

Three to four gig's of FAST ram is recommended.

Where PC makers used to release XP pc's with 512megs of ram,

I've not seen one Vista PC with less than 2 gigs.

Three gigs is better and four gigs is best.

So I'd have to agree with other posters, don't even think about installing any version of Vista on that old PC.

Cheers Mate!

:hello:

I agree with the others, don't punish yourself by installing Vista when you have a PC that was made to run XP.

Vista is one heck of a system resource HOG!

Just the size of Vista on the HD is several times greater than XP.

The size of HD's is currently also several times bigger then when XP was rolled out. You need SP2 to go over 137GB... Besides, filesize and performance don't have that much to do with eachother. Most of the space is not used by real actual files but for swapfile, prefetching data, hibir.sys file, search indexing, file virtualizations and offcourse up to 15% total space for system restore points. All things that improve performance and make your system more reliable. Most of these features can be disabled if they don't work for you.
Three to four gig's of FAST ram is recommended.

Where PC makers used to release XP pc's with 512megs of ram,

I've not seen one Vista PC with less than 2 gigs.

Three gigs is better and four gigs is best.

On any 32bit Vista this means 2GB in dual-channel. You can't use 4GB so that's pointless anyway and 3GB won't run in dual-channel what will cost a lot of performance. If you really need more than 2 GB then go for x64. Sure, with the current memory prices it won't break your bank when you buy 4GB and just use 3 of it, but I don't see the need. Vista runs fine on 2GB for me.

I really want to install windows vista but i don't now wich

i should choose.....

Any idea's

System Spec.

Pentuim IV 2.66 Ghz

1 GB ram

96 mb vram

I'd go with Vista Home Basic edition with SP1. don't bother with the higher editions of Vista as they can take up more disk space and run a bunch of non-essential Vista services that can slow your computer down. Then do what dale said and use VLite.

Edited by erpdude8

vista would run well if you doubled your memory and had at least a 256MB video card, if you cant do that then xp is the os that will run better for you.dale456654: if i were you i would upgrade to 2GB memory as 512MB is the min required and tweaking vista won't really help you and i would upgrade that low end sempron with an athlon xp which you can get on ebay,your hardware is limiting vista's performance(the memory is the main reason)

Edited by soldier1st