Time zone changed to Kabul?

David McMahon

Do you know if there is a REG tweak that might work to correct this error when doing an unattended install?

There is a workaround for your problem :rolleyes: , download the following software:

http://www.epsilonsquared.com/anonymous/InstallRite25.exe

This program allows to create a snapshot of all the system (files, registry...). you apply changes, install programs or what ever you want then you ask it to analyse all changes you made, at the end you may reveiw these changes or simply allow it to create an executable that redo all these changes. You may also define some options on how it monitor changes or how the final executable runs...

-install it, once you execute it skip the wizard, choose "Configure":

-at [Directory/Drive Monitor] disable: "Enabled?"

this option allows it to not monitor any changes to any file, but only the registry (since your problem is a matter of a registry tweak).

-apply your desired changes to the clock

-go back to the program and click on "Perform an "Analysis" of the changes since the last "Snapshot"

-now you may click on "Review Installations" to review what changes has be made to the registry after you changed the clock or simply click on "Build install kit" to create your famous executable.

I guess you know what to do to make this executable runs at "GuiRunOnce".

This trick may be applied for many purposes other than your actual problem. :thumbup

Good luck. :hello:

When I originally noticed this problem I had integrated it with nLite. The I tried your method of manually installing via copying KB951072.exe to i386/SVCPACK and editing the SVCPACK.INF file accordingly. The problem persisted. I will check the program you suggested and perhaps I will be able to create an executable to runonce at installation to correct problem. Thanks.

I suggest that you integrate RyanVM Post-SP3 Update Pack 1.0.1, which should contain fix to prevent this from happening.

Cheers ;)

I tried RyamVM's update package and it does correct the problem. I looked into my SVCPACK folder after I integrated RyanVM's update pack and noticed several (.cat) catalog files and only one .exe file. The .exe file is for KB951072. After I installed windows I went the add/remove programs in the control panel and checked show hotfixes and the only one that appeared was KB951072. Out of curiousity I chose a couple of update.exe files that I downloaded from MS that are the same as the catalog files that RyanVM's update pack supposedly integrated, to see if I would get a message that said hotfix or update already installed. Didn't get any messages. So that makes me wonder if the .cat files are useless without a matching .exe file as in the case with KB951072. What do you think?

I suggest that you integrate RyanVM Post-SP3 Update Pack 1.0.1, which should contain fix to prevent this from happening.

Cheers ;)

I tried RyamVM's update package and it does correct the problem. I looked into my SVCPACK folder after I integrated RyanVM's update pack and noticed several (.cat) catalog files and only one .exe file. The .exe file is for KB951072. After I installed windows I went the add/remove programs in the control panel and checked show hotfixes and the only one that appeared was KB951072. Out of curiousity I chose a couple of update.exe files that I downloaded from MS that are the same as the catalog files that RyanVM's update pack supposedly integrated, to see if I would get a message that said hotfix or update already installed. Didn't get any messages. So that makes me wonder if the .cat files are useless without a matching .exe file as in the case with KB951072. What do you think?

The .cat files are only there to satisfy Windows File Protection. I don't know why that .exe is there. With Ryan's pack all files are directly integrated, so that .exe should not come from his pack.

Cheers ;)

Cheers ;)

The .cat files are only there to satisfy Windows File Protection. I don't know why that .exe is there. With Ryan's pack all files are directly integrated, so that .exe should not come from his pack.

Cheers ;)

Is that executable tzchange.exe by chance? If so yes, there was one hotfix that redid a bunch of time zone definitions, and

tzchange gets run by Ryan at T-13 to fix it all up.

• 1 month later...