Time zone changed to Kabul?

David McMahon

Ok

My nlite Build now changes the time to Kabul? I set it to change to UK settings and UK Time zone (Standard -8 hours actully comes up in XP install) and has has never actully deafulted to GMT) then when I select GMT, When the install wizard finishes i discover that the time zone is set to Kabul?!

I intergrate SP3 and these updates

installedupdates.jpg

I'm sorry. I posted before noticing you had found that topic.

By T-13 it is meant that the update (KB951072) can be run from svcpack.inf with the switches provided. Just drop the executable into the svcpack folder, then edit svcpack.inf with the command line under [setupHotfixesToRun].

Here's a link to the update's download page:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...91-CD9943CE0893

Rename it as KB951072.exe and put it in the SVCPACK folder.

You should find svcpack.in_ in I386. Decompress it with 7-Zip, WinRAR, or expand.exe. Add the following line to svcpack.inf:

KB951072.exe /Q /O /N /Z

Delete svcpack.in_ in I386 and copy your modified svcpack.inf into I386.

For a detailed description of the switches used with each hotfix, visit the following link:

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/22/

Ok When i Made an .iso and extracted the SVCPACK.INF from i386 I just got the old one, so when in the nlite process should I modify the SVCPACK.INF file? Or do I need to break the .iso and change it?

i.e the code from " KB951072.exe /Q /O /N /Z " was missing from the .iso

Edited by David McMahon

Did you also integrate it with nLite? That could be the problem.

The version of Windows XP Pro SP3 I have came straight from Microsoft with SP3 already integrated. As for KB951072 I did as you instructed. I did use nlite to integrate IE7 and WMP11 as well as the most recent updates. Do you know if there is a REG tweak that might work to correct this error when doing an unattended install?

Edited by EagleWing

It may be possible that integrating KB951072 with nLite using direct integration, then adding it to SVCPACK will still cause problems. You have not yet specified what steps you took, which is why I asked the following question:

Did you also integrate it with nLite? That could be the problem.

I know of no registry tweak to fix the problem.

I don't know the specific reason direct integration with nLite fails. All I know is that in my update pack, at T-13 when the registry entries are added and command lines are executed, it works. No Kabul unless that's what I want. KB951072 must be applied no sooner than T-13. This means that for it to work properly, it must not be directly integrated by nLite unless in an update pack.