Update List for WinXP (x86) with SP3?

Wuhtzu

Hey :)

First of all - great utility, simply great!

I was wondering if

Windows XP x86 2008-08-12 6836 windows-xp-x86-enu.ulz

was the Update List for Windows XP (x86) with SP3? It seems like the WinXP UL with the fewest updates / patches which seems reasonable since SP3 holds all previous updates / patches.

Am I right?

Best regards

Wuhtzu

Thanks for your reply cyborgamine.

What I was thinking was:

I have slipstreamed SP3 onto my Win XP CD and at some point in time (just after the release of SP3) no additional updates / hotfixes / patches were available because all previous released updates / hotfixes / patches were included in SP3. But now, 6 months later, additional updates have come out which is not included in SP3.

So, does the Windows XP x86 2008-08-12 6836 windows-xp-x86-enu.ulz Update List contain all the updates released after SP3?

Thanks

Wuhtzu :)

• 2 weeks later...

Windows XP x86 2008-08-12 6836 windows-xp-x86-enu.ulz

was the Update List for Windows XP (x86) with SP3? .

Wuhtzu

When I first came across this file too, I didn't know that it contained the SP3 fixes.

Also when one tries to download all the XP (SP2) fixes, I got three files that weren't

on the server. It gave a popup message to "skip"; however, I don't know if a log/report

file is written that tells me what downloaded by filename vs what filenames were skipped.

Is it possible to save the downloaded file to the HDD with the original date it came out vs.

todays date? This will be helpful to sort files based on oldest to latest dates for the filenames

and apply them based on this order for a given year.

@jcarle please rename this filename with (SP3) as was done for the ulz filename which

contains (SP2). This will eliminate alot of confusion that this file pertains to SP3 without

having to install the ulz file and look at the contents.

Moreover, the ulz for SP2 hasn't been updated since around 4/2008 with all the patches.

Please include in these files fixes besides security/hotfixes. The fixes I'm thinking about

are things like the Aug 2008 update for timezone, and fixes that improve the realiability

of Windows or Office tools (i.e. the USB update) and fixes one needs to get by calling MSoft. Note: this

will require a windowsupdate tool update which allow one to automatically login to websites

that can provide these fixes. see www.thehotfixshare.net. If one has a username/password

to this site, (or could rely on one setting a cookie from this site) to automatically login and

download the fix.

Other fixes are the rootcertifcate update, WPA updates, font updates (i.e. VistA and EU (european union)

fonts that will install on XP too), consolas and new cleartype fonts, MSI installers such as v3.1 for (win2k)

and the new one v4.5 for VISTA and XP, new Support and Deploy tools, RDP client, Web RDP client,

etc.

Note: need to distinquish the various downloads for XP home vs. Pro since not everything that is downloaded

applies to Home. i.e MUI and support/deploy tools on a per service pack version #. The same applies

to Win 2K vs Win 2K Pro. , also Vista Home thru Ultimate.

Office 2k3 needs SP3. Also need patches and SP's to Visio, Project, etc that aren't part of the O2k3 distribution.

As a side note, there were updates to the Office product viewers too if one didn't have the actual office product

installed. Need the o2k7 office file compatibility pack too.

Need Office 2k7 Home thru Ultimate/Biz which may be different.

Same applies to Viso, Project etc. for o2k7 like o2k3.

Need Dotnet v3.5 downloads added to the list along with DirectX links to 9.0c and monthly updates.

Also there was a fix that came out for the audio layer a few years back, which I forget the details right now.

(uaa???)

Did I miss anything????

:whistle:

• 4 months later...

*bump* :-)

Here is a correct list of all the updates till now after SP3

WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB938464-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB950762-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB950974-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB951376-v2-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB951698-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB951748-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB951978-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB952287-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB952954-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB954211-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB954459-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB954600-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB955069-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB955839-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB956391-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB956802-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB956803-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB956841-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB957097-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB958644-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB958687-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB952069-v2-x86-ENU.exe

And if you also slipstream IE7 (IE7-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe)

IE7-WindowsXP-KB958215-x86-ENU.exe

IE7-WindowsXP-KB938127-v2-x86-ENU.exe

IE7-WindowsXP-KB960714-x86-ENU.exe

Regards

Edited by famkehoopers

@jcarle please rename this filename with (SP3) as was done for the ulz filename which

contains (SP2). This will eliminate alot of confusion that this file pertains to SP3 without

having to install the ulz file and look at the contents.

I hope the new naming scheme has helped bring clarification to the differences in the ULs.