How can I keep the repair option?

Navid0

If I boot the original Vista DVD, it gives me the option of repair.

If I boot the Vlited DVD, it does not.

Is there a way to avoid losing the repair option?

I did a search and did not find the answer. I am sorry if I missed it. please point me to the link if it has already been answered.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
you must delete the autounattended.xml on the DVD. Place the xml on a usb stick or floppy disk and plug them on your PC when you install Vista.

Please provide more detail.

Are you saying this is a way to modify the VLited DVD so that it has the repair option?

Or are you offering an alternative method for performing a repair?

I did a search and did not find the answer. I am sorry if I missed it. please point me to the link if it has already been answered.

Thanks

Sorry if I dont understand your reasons... But if you want to run a repair, why not just run the original Vista disc(or a copy)? If you can make an unattended dvd you obviously have access to one. Unattended dvds are for installing Vista without having to babysit it. It's not that easy to "repair" vista unattended because repair options are limited and require user decisions that computers are incapable of making.

Thanks

Sorry if I dont understand your reasons... But if you want to run a repair, why not just run the original Vista disc(or a copy)? If you can make an unattended dvd you obviously have access to one. Unattended dvds are for installing Vista without having to babysit it. It's not that easy to "repair" vista unattended because repair options are limited and require user decisions that computers are incapable of making.

I use VLite to remove unnecessary junk from the installation.

I still install it the same way as before (with babysitting). And I don't mind that.

Now, if I want to take my DVD with me to some where, I have to take the original DVD also in case a repair may be required. That is not the end of the world. But, it would be nice if the VLited DVD itself contained the repair option as well.

Are you saying this is a way to modify the VLited DVD so that it has the repair option?

yes this is the way to have repair back. This also happened under XP when you have a winnt.sif file on your CD ;)

I do not think so.

I believe there is a radio button on nlite that let's you keep the repair option.