Logoff Script

Bondi007

Hello,

I have a server with ''Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition'' and I want a script where if someone logs off on a client machine it will delete there profile on the local machine. It must have no user input to do this, and must apply to one OU.

Any ideas on where to find one and how to go about doing this?

Thanks

Bondi :ph34r:

I may be wrong... but wouldn't doing this cause your logons and logoffs to become very slow?

What I have done in the past is created a logon script that changes the security of my users profiles so that only they and myself have access rights to the files. If you are interested I may be able to dig up some examples for you.

Problem is that the user's profile (just the act of using winlogon to log on) locks index.dat in the user's temporary internet files, which won't be released until fully logged off. Therefore, a logoff script won't be able to fully delete the profile. This would work on a 2008 or Vista machine, but not a 2003 box. Consider using delprof.exe in a script run from an automated task when the machine is idle, say overnight, to delete profiles older than <x> days (or all profiles, whatever).