dotnetfx3.exe install issues.

KeithMcKay

I am having some issues installing Microsoft.NET Framework 3.0 on x86 Vista Ultimate.

I get the message, You must use "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 x86.

So off we go to Control Panel/Programs and Features/

Image below..

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=msfw30fz1.jpg

Turning options off, on or any combination and rebooting, does not seem to help when installing Dotnet3.0?

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I am also having this problem, I uninstalled it acidentally and can't get it back!!

when I run the installer it asks me "you must use "turn windows features on or off" to install this product" (something like that).

then ive tried deselecting all of it, selecting all of it, trying combinations of every kind. Nothing works!

Ive even tried just clicking on .net framework 3.0 and clicking OK and it still doesn't work.

Please help :}

See if this works, open a command prompt and copy/paste the relevant silent repair option for your installed version:

.NET Framework 3.0 - silent repair

"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0\setup.exe" /q /f /norestart

.NET Framework 3.0 SP1 - silent repair

msiexec /i {2BA00471-0328-3743-93BD-FA813353A783} REBOOT=ReallySuppress /l*v %temp%\netfx30sp1_repair_log.txt /qn

.NET Framework 3.0 SP2 - silent repair

msiexec /fpecmsu {A3051CD0-2F64-3813-A88D-B8DCCDE8F8C7} REBOOT=ReallySuppress REINSTALL=ALL /l*v %temp%\netfx30sp2_repair_log.txt /qn

please post a picture of the add/remove feature window and the error message you get

see the attachment.post-249466-1246560746_thumb.jpg

you cannont use the external installer from MS, you have to go through features and install the .NetFramwork 3.0 there. if you want to use the MSI installer, go downloaded 3.5 sp1 and use that one

here is what it looks like, post-249466-1246667670_thumb.jpg

Quote fizban2: "you cannont use the external installer from MS, you have to go through features and install the .NetFramwork 3.0 there."

care to explain how?

also i tried beats' way, through the CMD promt, heres what that looked like.

"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0\setup.exe" /q /f /norestart

post-249466-1246668181_thumb.jpg

what now? :unsure:

I've had this problem before, and I've fixed it by installing .net 3.5 SP1 after installing Vista SP2 (it was fairly recent). No matter what the checkbox for .net 3.0 was, it never installed. However, 3.5 SP1 contains 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 bits, and it worked fine (and afterwards .net 3.0 was checked and greyed out in windows components too).