FolderSize for WIN 98SE

RodgerOver

I just tested FolderSize v1.31, referred to in the link above, under Win98:

- it works Ok on a 750GB ext. USB HDD

- it works Ok on a large partition (239GB), it correctly counted 410.000 files in that partition

I have been using DISKdata v3.4.1 (it's not freeware) and still prefer it, DISKdata sorts the displayed results and has a better feel to it.

FolderSize has a feature which I have not seen in other utilites: it indicates the number of files & folders in a partiton & on a CD/DVD. FolderView may also be a starter during recovery work on damaged CDs: On a very badly damaged CD FolderSize could display the directories & number of files/directories; DiskData just hung with a blue screen, and Windows Explorer froze. With FolderSize you may have a chance of seeing what you may have lost on a bad CD, for the actual repair work I use BeyondCompare + Windex window cleaner.

Another plus of FolderSize is that it's a standalone program & doesn't require installation.

Edited by Multibooter

Thank you Cannie,

this is really a nice program. I like it and I have installed it, because you can limit the socpe of the folders/files analysed (in the contrary to TreeSize which always scans the whole drive). ... But I was wrong in presuming that the program I was (desperately) looking for was this one. I thought this was the folder size shell extension I had before reinstalling. This was really a shell extension. It added (on WIN 98SE) a PERMANENT line in my rightclick/context menu showing the size of the directory/folder/file I clicked on. I used it so often, but I even can't remember the exact name. The only thing I remember is that, when I installed it, it said "Loading size loader" or something similar.

Has anyone used this program and does he/she remember the name of this program ?

Thank you for your help !

Rodger