migrating from Win x64 to Win x32

BigDaddy

Hello! I've been using Win x64 as my main system for about 4months now. And even thou drivers are all 64bit compatible for my system I have to go back to Win x32 simply because I need access to 16bit application which I cannot run in Win x64. These 16b application I need because our college for Computer and Science uses them alot.

This is the situation:

on my main partition C I have Win x64 installed. And since I needed Win x32 for school I installed Win x32 on the second partition which gets the letter F.

here is the boot.ini file:

[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer /sos /numproc=2
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

now I would like to delete on C partition Win x64, Program Files, Docs&Settings and using Acronis Disk director join the two partitions.

1. how can I do that since Win x32 thinks it is installed on F and also all the shortcut lead to drive letter F?

2. is there a better way of doing this?

3. is it even possible?

Honestly, it would be better, assuming you only want x86 XP, to format and reinstall rather than doing the above. If you can get an external storage device, or create a temporary partition to back up your data, this would be much better long term.

in that case would it be ok if I were to delete the partition where Win x32 resides and also delete on c partition Windows folder, Programs&Files, Docs&Settings. And then put a a Windows cd in and install it to this partition?

Yes, but first back-up your data!!