Vista Basic and Flash drives

D_block

now this is my first run it with vista basic , its on a dell machine as i mentioned in the header. the problem is when i inserted my flash the first time i didnt install drivers for it nor did it show up in " my computer " but i plugged my ethernet line into it an b4 long it was installin drivers. what i want to know is, Does vista basic lack this capability of using flash drives by default from the drivers it comes with ?

or is it maybe an error with the OS , that it may be broken an operatin incorrectly ? "

I did a reinstall and its performing quite normal now, just as it should . i think what had happened was a result of "fast hands" !!

i had begun to wonder if vista basic an windows 98 are the same lol

totally, NOT, D_block! Win98 and WinVista are totally different OSes.

I have a Dell E1405 laptop w/ pre-installed Vista home basic edition (now updated to SP1) and connected a 4Gb Sony MicroVault USB Flash drive and the usb flash drive worked flawlessly.

I did a reinstall and its performing quite normal now, just as it should . i think what had happened was a result of "fast hands" !!

i had begun to wonder if vista basic an windows 98 are the same lol

totally, NOT, D_block! Win98 and WinVista are totally different OSes.

I have a Dell E1405 laptop w/ pre-installed Vista home basic edition (now updated to SP1) and connected a 4Gb Sony MicroVault USB Flash drive and the usb flash drive worked flawlessly.

the guy was being sarcastic