Downgrade from vista to Media center Problems!

I have just tried downgraded a Sony VAIO PCG-2A1M from Vista to WinXP Media Center 2005.

The installation fails after restart of clean install.

The error that comes up is incorrect function.

Some of the errors from the setup log are as follows:

Installation Failed: E:\I386\asma. Error Message: Incorrect function

SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file "E:\I386\asms\1000\MSFT\WINDOWS\GDIPLUS\GDIPLUS.MAN" on line 4

etc.

Not sure how to go about fixing this, i have been searching for a while but not made any progress.

I've managed to now install media center 2005. However because i have downgraded from VISTA to XP it is almost impossible to find all of the correct drivers as Sony don't offer XP drivers for this particular range (VGC). I have managed to use some of the drivers from other Sony Vaio Pc's but have still yet to find some.

The model of the PC is

SONY VAIO VGC-LT2S

http://vaio.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.ac...ory=VD+L+Series

The drivers i need to find are:

Mass Storage Controller

MCE RECEIVER Emulator Device 2006

Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

and the audio driver which I believe is "SigmaTel Hig Definition Audi CODEC"

I have access to the Sony software downloads via FTP "ftp://ftp.viao-link.com" in which there are pretty much all the drivers and software they offer, but I don't know which ones i need or could use.

If anyone could give me any advice on where else i should be looking for these drivers please let me know. Or how i can find exactly what components this model ahs and maybe then i can search for the drivers from the manufacturer.

I also found a link where someone had tried to fix the MCE RECEIVER Emulator Device 2006 driver, but i have had no luck trying it.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/archive/in...hp/t-25880.html

I could give the list of drivers i have been able to install so far if anyone needs them.

Thanks