RegTweaks 0.4.2

I thought I'd mention a slight "problem" I encountered (I'm sure a false-positive) more for awareness sake than anything, since I don't see it already mentioned. When I ran AVG Anti-spyware (Ewido) against my computer, security.reg in this package was identified as "Trojan.Disabler.c". Hard telling for me to know what it's finding, but thought it might be interesting for someone to be aware of it.

I thought I'd mention a slight "problem" I encountered (I'm sure a false-positive) more for awareness sake than anything, since I don't see it already mentioned. When I ran AVG Anti-spyware (Ewido) against my computer, security.reg in this package was identified as "Trojan.Disabler.c". Hard telling for me to know what it's finding, but thought it might be interesting for someone to be aware of it.

It's because there are parts in that file that disables "Security center" and other related stuff.

Nothing to worry about!

• 2 weeks later...

Another question I had. What's the difference between what is done in the registry tweaks here (tweaks_en.reg)

; Adds "Command Promtp Here" to right click context menu

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Command Prompt Here]
@="Command Prompt Here"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Command Prompt Here\command]
@="cmd.exe /k cd %1"

compared to the "Open Command Window Here" Powertoy" that Microsoft offers? Do they do basically the same thing or is there more to what Microsoft is doing that they put out a 514KB file to do this job?

Edit: Partial answer, I looked at the Powertoy a bit closer, it does basically the same thing as above but adds a bunch of other registry entries along with CMDHERE.DLL in the System32 folder. Question now is does CMDHERE.DLL provide any functionality?

Edited by Glenn9999

@Glenn9999, i believe the diference is none. I used to use the CMDHere powertoy, but in my personal opinion, i preffer to have that using a simple and small regfile. But i dont believe that there is much (if any) difference between the two. By the way, thanks for the new tweak. (it was already copied)

@camarade, i really think its a good idea, but why inf to internationalize.

I currently mantainf two packs of tweaks, one english and another brazilian. but it is to hard to mantain the two.

What i intent to do is put them all in one single pack again, but have descriptions in different language is every tweaks. Also, i will look inside each reg file and copy every customizable value to another reg file, witch will be called "custom.reg"

That way, all the localized tweaks (such as context menus, title bars and stuff) would ALSO be in another file, witch could be imported after all the others, therefore configuring the user´s system in its default language.

let me know what do you guys think of the idea (not to sure i expressed it all right, but..)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Another one:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Remove Intel Graphics Options Context Menu From The Desktop
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\igfxcui]

This removes the intel graphics options context menu from the desktop which results in the menu loading a lot faster on older computers with intel graphics.

Take Care,

Wil

Parabéns!!!

Estava procurando algo parecido com isso há vários anos. Certamente vai me poupar muitas horas de pesquisa. Vou começar a estudar o material agora... Se achar alguma contribuição que possa fazer, postarei novamente.

Valeu.

RedBeard

This is an english forum buddy.

Anyways:

Congratulations! It was looking something seemed with this has some years. Certainly goes to save I many hours of research. I go to start to study the material now… If to find some contribution that can make, I dispatched by post again. It was valid. RedBeard

• 4 weeks later...

Alright. Here's the deal, I added all my tweaks from over the years and compared with most of these and got some tweaks from you guys to add, so thanks!

But, I have added a few custom apps to my shell menus (Right-Click on My Computer, and Right-Click on Typical Folders). These additions I cannot imagine would be useful to anyone else, however -- I was wondering if:

1. Anyone knows how to change the name that displays on the Menu (Ex: I add the Command Prompt, and I want it to say "CMD" instead of "Open Command Line Here...")

2. Anyone knows how to change the order in which menu items appear (Ex: I have 4 options, Open / Command Line Here / Manage / Explore -- I want "Open" at the top, then "Explore" below it, then "Manage" below that, and lastly "Command Line Here" at the bottom of the top portion of the Menu)

*does that make sense??*

kthnxbye

Anyone knows how to change the name that displays on the Menu
Simple Example: Menu will say CMD Prompt
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Folder\shell\cmdhere]
@="CMD &Prompt"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Folder\shell\cmdhere\command]
@=hex(2):25,00,43,00,4f,00,4d,00,53,00,50,00,45,00,43,00,25,00,20,00,2f,00,6b,\
00,20,00,70,00,75,00,73,00,68,00,64,00,20,00,25,00,4c,00,00,00

I used a hex notation for the actual command to help highlight the bit you needed to change.

The ampersand underlines the P, and is used to designate the shortcut key. It is only necessary if you use this functionality.

• 1 month later...
Hi to all.

I´ve just updated the tweaks collection.

I cleaned the layout a bit, re-writed a few things to be more clear, removed the description of each service in each of the services reg files, remade the readme file, made a pt-br version of the tweaks, and other small things.

I am trying to update my site, that will have a page with all the info about the tweaks and the services, but my server is currently off. The page is almost ready, i only need to upload it and fix a few things, so i hope i will be online soon.

Besides the normal folder with all the tweaks inside, the pack now has another folder called "essentials".

The idea of this folder is what i asked you guys on this topic before, about having only essential tweaks for an unattended setup. So, here it is..

I have also added another file called "visual effects.reg" that has windows visual tweaks and some other stuff.

Main Changes of this Version

• Added - Tweaks to change other visual stuff rathen than windows defaults (like use Royale Noir, use Segoe UI as system font, etc...)
  • Added - Some new tweaks inside "other_software.reg" file
  • Added - The package now has a new folder with only essential tweaks to a unattended installation.
  • Removed - "Change Transition Effect to Menus and Tips using Fade", ´cause it was restarting my PC and the ones i installed (and took me about 4 days to find out this ******).
  • Removed - The batch files inside the package. There are instrucions inside the readme file instead.

You all have been very helpfull to make this a nice tweaks collection. I would like to ask you guys to keep reporting errors, invalid or double entries, things i might have translated wrong and other problems so i can correct it.

Also the "essentials" folder has tweaks that i found to be essentials. If you think that some tweak you may find essentil is missing from the files, or another one should be removed, let me know.

Bellow goes the attachments.

Cheers.

gugutz

tweaks_collection_v0.4_en.7z (English version)

colecao_de_tweaks_v0.4_pt_br.7z (português-brasileiro)

After I used the reg tweaks and made a restart, when the Windows tried to start on a black screen appears a window:

"The logon user interface dll custom msgina.dll file failed to load" In that windows the only button to use was restart.

I'm sure that from service reg tweaks isn't this error, because I have used then "services-black_viper.reg" for a while without any problem, but after AI have tried to use the others tweaks appear this error.

Do you know which tweak made this?

Another package of new reg twaks is here on the forum? Because theese seem to be update on August for the last time.

Thank you ! :)