Trouble with new version of WPI

Hello all,

I upgraded from wpi 6.5 to 7.01 and have encountered some issues.

1.when i begin a "vrtual pc" install the windows portion of the install is fine and then at about 25% of the wpi install. the iso disconnects itself from the virtual machine and I have to reconnect it to continue the install.

2. During install(after i reconnect the iso) a screen pops up that says"could not open reboot configuration file. c:\rb_config.js" this usually crashes wpi but sometimes it will crash but continue installing with any GUI. i do not have WPI set to restart if this is what this file is referring to. I have attached a pic so you can see for yourself.

3. Lastly I have a silent deployment file for adobe photoshop cs3 and if I test it in a regular install enviroment it works(silently) if i insert it into WPI it begins to work but only installs for about 2 or 3 minutes and then says that it was successfully installed. but it is not.

THANKS in advance for any and all help/comments.

post-123319-1220885778_thumb.jpg

Lqdwax,

What OS are you running - Vista? I have seen several people having WPI CD problems with Vista. Please search this forum. BTW, the latest version is 7.1.0 (maybe a typo)? Unless you turned it off, there should be a WPI log file in your root directory. I forgot the name format and don't having any on this machine but take a look (for me C:\) it should be obvious.

c:\rb_config.js
This seems like a strange path for a config file. Why is it in the root directory? Is this a name you created (rb_config)? Is this file in your WPI folder or your root? I don't have one of these files on my system anywhere including WPI.

Good luck, John.

That file is placed there for simplicity and an always known path.

I will have to do some checking, but the file should only be created if a REBOOT is found. There is no need for it otherwise.]

To see the file, put a JSCRIPT=alert("Pause") in one of the first items, then look at your C: drive.

I don't do any virtual testing since I have 5 computers, 1 dedicated to just testing software, so I can't really test it yet. I will keep it in mind.

Hello all.

Thanks for the patience been crazy busy at work. thanks for all the input. to answer some questions. I am using xp sp3. I do have office 2003 and components set to install seperately. I have done some testing over the weekend and have taken out the office installs and I have also taken out "Virtual PC 2007 additions. I think it is working but unsure since i have to do full installs to get the error message. also if it is needed should i post the rb_config file that is on my c: drive. it is definately placed there by wpi. but if i do a complete install with office and virtual pc additions the file is not even created(weird). Thanks for the patience and any help will be appreciated.