Browser and MSN (Windows Live Messenger) confliction with flash videos

RathcoM

Alright, the title really says it all, but i will explain further.

Whenever i am watching a video on youtube (or any other video for that matter on a browser) and i get a pop up in msn, whether it's somebody coming online, or somebody messaging me, my browser crashes.

I have tried this on many different browsers, from Firefox to Google Chrome and everything in between.

I have the latest flash player (9) from adobe.

I have tried this on earlier versions of MSN, and i do not get the same problem, however i don't want to resort using a really old messenger without all the cool features Windows Live Messenger has to offer.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by RathcoM

Yep we're all mind readers here at msfn.

I suggest you

1. uninstall all involved parties

2. run ccleaner and jv16 registry cleaner, possibly also run windows own disk space cleaner, erase system restore if u have that crap enabled

3. Reboot and repeat step 2

4. reboot goto safemode and rinse again.

5. While in safemode run Driver Sweeper and or also "Drivercab cleaner" from the DriverCleanerpro program, in safemode yes. (make a backup first doh)

6. Clean as a whizzle mostly. Goto systemdrive enter explorer search search for any file containing flash inside installer folder, or better yet just search whole windir.

Look for flash msi files or similar and delete whatever crap you find. Run ccleaner and jv16 etc, again.

Also of course, check for viruses etc, if you dont want to install an AV program get Clamwin.

Thanks.

Edited by TranceEnergy

Ok then...My mistake...

Instead of writing "Yep we're all mind readers here at msfn." and making yourself look like a complete douchebag, why not just ask me "what operating system are you running?"

I am running Windows XP on SP3

I'm pretty sure this isnt a matter of hardware either, so we will leave that out.

Yep we're all mind readers here at msfn.

I suggest you

1. uninstall all involved parties

2. run ccleaner and jv16 registry cleaner, possibly also run windows own disk space cleaner, erase system restore if u have that crap enabled

3. Reboot and repeat step 2

4. reboot goto safemode and rinse again.

5. While in safemode run Driver Sweeper and or also "Drivercab cleaner" from the DriverCleanerpro program, in safemode yes. (make a backup first doh)

6. Clean as a whizzle mostly. Goto systemdrive enter explorer search search for any file containing flash inside installer folder, or better yet just search whole windir.

Look for flash msi files or similar and delete whatever crap you find. Run ccleaner and jv16 etc, again.

Also of course, check for viruses etc, if you dont want to install an AV program get Clamwin.

Thanks.

OK honestly thats wrong.

Do run CCLeaner, but no need to reboot or go into safemode. You don't need that other crap.

Go ahead and uninstall WLM, and also grab the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller, run that, check add/remove and remove adobe flash from their also.

Run CCleaner again, running reg and drive cleaning, do reg a few times until no more issues.

Then reinstall see if that works.

My bet is a plugin with the browser or setting conflicting. So removal of WLM, and reinstall should clear it up.

Yes i have absolutely no idea on how to troubleshoot windows.

You sure made it look great to help a newbie.

I was trying to be nice and i get called a douchebag,???, i even wrote steps to take to do something about it. WTF!

Seven Alive: The steps i wrote with safemode makes it possible for certain files to get cleaned that can't while not in safemode unless he is doing sfc/wfp patch/tweak, and i couldnt know either.

Nice job of rewriting what i wrote.

Edited by TranceEnergy