Slipstreaming SP1 is running for more than 8 hours now ...

bocor

Well i got similar problem, its taking a very long time when slipstreaming Sp1, status bar comes to approximately half and stands there...i can hear my hard disk working and hd status led is blinking and all but vlite status bar is not moving.

I have HOME PREMIUM vista on DVD, i installed it and installed SP1 and all hotfixes, then i installed vLite and i try to extract Vista from DVD and then slipstream SP1 to it.

in Task Manager i can see vLite cpu usage changing from 00 to like 08-10 and using around 22mb of ram...and i also see PkgMgr.exe using up to like 40-50% of RAM and lots of memory.

I don't have any antivirus installed and i disabled firewall...still same thing!

Well i got similar problem, its taking a very long time when slipstreaming Sp1, status bar comes to approximately half and stands there...i can hear my hard disk working and hd status led is blinking and all but vlite status bar is not moving.

I have HOME PREMIUM vista on DVD, i installed it and installed SP1 and all hotfixes, then i installed vLite and i try to extract Vista from DVD and then slipstream SP1 to it.

in Task Manager i can see vLite cpu usage changing from 00 to like 08-10 and using around 22mb of ram...and i also see PkgMgr.exe using up to like 40-50% of RAM and lots of memory.

I don't have any antivirus installed and i disabled firewall...still same thing!

Yeah, the status bar gets to halfway and stays there for ages here, too, then I look away and suddenly it is finished. I think it waits for me to look away. :hello: (I don't really sit and watch it.) I've run vLite on the laptop with XP Pro SP2 installed, and with Vista Home Premium installed, and it is exactly the same, with around the time finishing time.