USB 2.0 slowdown question

Mike_A

Ok, so I just installed vLite and am appreciating this much lighter version of Windows. I've only had a few problems with vLite. The first was that the drivers I chose to integrate did not install for some reason. This issue is not really a big deal and I installed the drivers separately.

The second, and the issue I haven't figured out, is the USB 2.0 slowdown. I own an iPod running Rockbox firmware (a program that may appeal to many here actually). Anyway, I know it supports high speed transfer. When I transfer a folder or multiple folders in a single transfer window, I get the high speed transfer. However, when I transfer multiple folders using multiple transfer windows (ie: highlighting a folder, hitting Send to, highlighting another folder, hitting Send to, etc), the transfer speed dramatically slows down.

When I was using the full version of Vista, I was able to transfer folders using multiple transfer windows without any problems. Now I am forced either select all the folders I want to transfer at once, or transfer a folder one by one. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Some additional info: my computer has 4 physical USB ports. Under Device Manager, there are four entries for USB Universal Host Controller and only one entry for USB2 Enhanced Host Controller. Could this play a role in my issue? What may have caused this and how do I remedy it?

Mike

Edited by Mike_A

I also got this issue but i never think it was vlite before today. Now i'm using server 2008 and my usb ports have the same issue. 2/4 usb have a slowdown and they cannot even give enough power to my usb hdd also. But i don't know what is the cause.

Maybe a driver issue. Check my ini file but do not know if it will help

x64_v1.2.ini

Edited by hannubys