Dialup problem

Here is my problem guys I hope you can help me. I have two computers the one I am on right now(XP) and my Win98se computer that I use for old games and some old software. Here is what happens. When I click on the dialup icon to dial out it does nothing it won't open. I used to be able to go into dialup networking and click on the icon in there and it would connect me to the net. Tonight I disconnected and tried to get back on it did the same thing again so I go into dialup networking and click on the icon and it doesn't work either. I can right click on them and go into properties and I can make a new connection but they don't work either. I haven't tried automatic dialing when I open up my browser that has worked before but that is beside the point. I do not have a win98se cd either. I sat on that problem to long and now it won't work at all lol. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Well, I remember having this problem on Win XP while I was on dail-up and solution was to restart computer. Did you try to do this?

Cheers ;)

Yeah I restarted it and it still wouldn't work. It only brings up a window to connect when I launch my browser(FF3). So it has to be in my dialup networking I have read somewhere about deleting it and putting it back on with the CD but like I said I don't have an installation cd. I guess that will do for now. I recently switched from Firefox to k-meleon since it runs faster on that old computer. So now I gotta start firefox just to get it to connect to the internet then close it and open k-meleon lol. Its bugging me but I'll wait to see if anyone else has any ideas. Thanks for responding mara

On another forum someone had the same problem and asked for help and 5 people said contact your ISP. Those people didn't understand that its not that it won't connect its the fact it won't open up to let you connect. He tried explaining that to them and they didn't understand so I gotta chuckle out of my own problem. Thanks again