• GeForce 9800
    • GeForce 9600
    • GeForce 9500
    • Radeon HD4800
    • Radeon HD3800
    • Radeon HD3600
    • Radeon HD3400
    • Others

A second lawsuit has cropped up against nVidia for the same thing. Looks like things will get interesting - if they did indeed lie to the market about the problem they knew about since 2007, there are scenarios where nVidia's $1.6billion reserves do not cover the costs of repairs, putting them into bankruptcy and out of business.

A second lawsuit has cropped up against nVidia for the same thing. Looks like things will get interesting - if they did indeed lie to the market about the problem they knew about since 2007, there are scenarios where nVidia's $1.6billion reserves do not cover the costs of repairs, putting them into bankruptcy and out of business.

That would be a shame because regardless whether one company makes a better product then another, competition is always healthy and necessary for better consumer products.

Even though i HATE nvidia video cards, because off their awefull drivers (had many bad experience with their drivers), i really want nvidia to get out of this mess, and stay in business. Without nvidia ATI will rule, and we will hardly see anything new in the market, because there will be no competition.

Edited by shahed26

Right now I’m using ATI because I like the IQ. These eyes aren't what they used to be.

My HD4870 is making my eyes bleed. IQ is too high? Textures at a distance are way too sharp.

Can you post a screen of UT2004 if you have it? I'd like to compare.

Larrabee (Intel)

real-time raytracing

???

Larrabee is a paper warrior. Let's see a working chip first.

Its rumored to support hybrid raytracing. Mix of raster, and some ray here and there.

I feel that ATI Drivers is not good as NVIDIA, so...

(Because I meet several problems from ATI when I do Computer Maintenance works in local area :( )

Are the drivers you are having trouble with old, or newer? ATI catalyst drivers have been pretty rock solid since v7.1 released, back in January of 2007 if I am remembering the date correctly. If you're running into people using 6.x (or heaven forbid 5.x or 4.x) versions, then yes, these weren't of the highest quality. Note that the 7.x releases were the first official releases after the AMD purchase of ATI (coincidence? I think not).

I feel that ATI Drivers is not good as NVIDIA, so...

(Because I meet several problems from ATI when I do Computer Maintenance works in local area :( )

Are the drivers you are having trouble with old, or newer? ATI catalyst drivers have been pretty rock solid since v7.1 released, back in January of 2007 if I am remembering the date correctly. If you're running into people using 6.x (or heaven forbid 5.x or 4.x) versions, then yes, these weren't of the highest quality. Note that the 7.x releases were the first official releases after the AMD purchase of ATI (coincidence? I think not).

Ah yeah, I agree.

(However in my place, the magazine still says that AMD-ATI's drivers have some problems.

I cannot see if this is true :sneaky: )

BTW, how do you feel about ATI catalyst control center---CCC?

(vs NVIDIA Control Panel)

Edited by xlfdll

I'm partial to ATi cards only because I've had bad luck with most Nvidia ones I've used (not to mention I played CS1.6 for a very long time and ATi kicks a** on GoldSrc based games for some reason.)

SLi/CrossFire were purely marketing schemes, performance increases are minimal.

I think I like the Nvidia Control Panel a little more than Catalyst, though, it's a little quicker, same functionality though.

I guess NVIDIA's Control Panel is only two thing better than ATI's CCC...

One is that, CCC needs .NET Framework 2.0 Redist.

The second, ATI drivers' setup usually have sth bundle... <_<

(Like, Steam or some games trial...)

P.S.

To #40, what is A+ and MSOP???

Edited by xlfdll

SLi/CrossFire were purely marketing schemes, performance increases are minimal.
Well, not entirely true, but in reality yes. Games aren't written to take advantage of multiple GPU processing, and (currently) neither OpenGL or DirectX have the ability to do multithreading of GPU rendering. DirectX 11 will fix that, and games written for DX11 will have the ability to multithread the rendering, but the current crop of hardware probably won't be 100% DX11 compliant so it's of little use now. As it stands currently, the apps/games rely on the drivers and hardware to utilize both efficiently, and you draw conclusions from there as to how successful that has been.

I guess NVIDIA's Control Panel is only two thing better than ATI's CCC...

One is that, CCC needs .NET Framework 2.0 Redist.

The second, ATI drivers' setup usually have sth bundle... <_<

(Like, Steam or some games trial...)

P.S.

To #40, what is A+ and MSOP???

http://certification.comptia.org/a/default.aspx

A+ is probably one of the most standard IT related certs there is and MSOP is Microsoft Office Professional, it's for 2003 though ^_^

Just when I thought nvidia drivers couldn't get any worse... Looks like they're causing RDP problems, and I've experienced the "an error is preventing this slide show from playing" bug since a nvidia driver update. It just keeps getting better everyday! I think I'm gonna order a new Radeon real soon. Probably a 4650, or perhaps a passively cooled 3450..

Edited by crahak

Even though I voted for ATI a few weels ago, right now my trusty Vanta LT has been called into service while I await a new fan for an ATI card. During the last year I’ve had to do this on three different computers. While it is unscientific to switch brands because of bad luck it’s starting to make sense to me. My two indestructible backup cards are made by Matrox and nVidia so I’m going to try newer cards by these two manufacturers. If nothing else I’ll have more up to date backups so I can avoid down time.