Intel G45

rendrag

So I've been looking forward to the G45 chipset since March. It was supposedly released a couple months ago, but looking at newegg, there are about only 3 boards (1 each by asus and gigabyte) out there. What I had read told me that intel was really looking to push this new chipset, especially in sff pc's (mini-itx in particular) given the onboard HDMI support. I was looking specifically to build a mini-itx system around this board, but I can't find any supplier other than zipzoomfly selling a mini-itx version.

Anyone know where all the boards are? I've never followed a chipset release like I have with this one, so I don't know if it's expected that it takes a number of months to come out with a diverse quantity of boards, or if there's something with this chipset in particular. Any thoughts?

You'll typically find that when it comes to chipsets that offer on-board video, it usually depends on what the OEMs are selling, those are the chipsets that usually end up making it in large quantities to the mainstream market.