Problem with Windows XP SP3

mbappe

I'm using nLite 1.4.8 and trying to slipstream Windows XP SP3. When I create the iso it changes the name of Win51ip.sp3 into "Copy of Win51ip.sp3" in the root directory of the CD. Then when I burn the cd and boot it I'm asked to insert the disk labeled Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD into Drive A:".

Any help?

Hm ... That's weird.

Have you used the correct, *Microsoft XP SP3 for Network Administrators* executable (or something like that) ?

Here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Are your using a FRESH WinXP source?

**Since the one you are using is messed up, start all over.

--Try not to work in the Desktop (create a folder in C:/ root, since it has something to do with filenames and stuff. C:/ root will have a shorter working filepath, while like something in desktop for example will have a bunch of things to get by).

Report back to us ASAP.

I have gone back to the orginal source cd. It is an OEM cd. I am using the network install version of SP3, WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe. My stuff is in "E:\My XP Install CD".

Previously, I was using an iso I created with nLite and SP2. I edit I386\SETUPP.INI by replacing 'OEM' with '000' and that allows me to use my MSDN key. I also integrate the MSDN key. A CDROM drive ate my old MSDN CD.

I've tried slipstreaming SP3 into the cd with the OEM to 000 change. I've also also tried with the original cd contents with no change. I've also tried slipstreaming SP3 into my previous compilation with SP2 already slipstreamed in. I get the same result for all three. Prompted for SP3 CD when I boot from the cd. I'm in the process of trying other combos.

I got one to work. I started from scratch again. I copied the CD to E:\WXPOEM_EN. I edited I386\SETUPP.INI as described before. Then slipstreamed SP3 from E:\WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe. Then added the key and created the iso. This time it did not create "Copy of WIN51IP.SP3". And the CD works!

I did not mention before that I was running nLite in a VMware virtual machine, but I was. Sorry about that. Didn't even occur to me. But this time I installed nLite directly on the host and ran it from there. E: is shared between my virtual machine and my host using VMware Shared Folders. It shows up as a Network Drive assigned to Y: on the virtual machine.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Wait ... So what exactly was wrong?

**Was it that you were working from a VM before? And I don't understand what you did with the OEM to 000 files (could you elaborate on this and on what it does? I'm interested).

Great to heart that everything works out ;) !!