Windows Media Center: StyleShifter

styleshifter.png

Overview:

Shift the style of your Windows Media Center, from Windows XP to Windows Vista, with StyleShifter™.

Once MCEPack, now becomes StyleShifter, and the name is not the only change.

With this change, we change the goal of the project, we change the way you look at your Windows Media Center.

Try StyleShifter and enjoy the harmony of a whole new environment. Inspired by style and beauty of Windows Vista.

Screenshots:

styleshifter2ss.th.png

Log of Changes:

StyleShifter 2
- No more respatcher! Praise Damian666!
- Initial 2.x series release.
- Name changed to Windows Media Center: StyleShifter™

Previous Version:

MCEPack v1.2
- MCEPack now has a GUI, instead of a Command-Based installer.
- Still uses respatchers.

MCEPack v1.1
- Compiled Install.Bat and Uninstall.Bat into one file.
- Added error detection to uninstaller.
- Added selection to install only new sounds or only main resources.
- Compiled all needed files into one executable.
- MCEPack now automatically ends the process ehTray.exe and ehShell.dll.

MCEPack v1.0
- Initial Release.

Requirements:

- Windows Media Center Edition 2005 with any Service Pack. You can also use it, if you have manually ported WMC to your Windows installation.

Download:

New version is out!

StyleShifter 2 Download

Homepage

If you wish to provide any kind of support or mirror the download, please notify DBlake1 or the board Administrators. This software is provided as-is, and DBlake1 and Windows Projects Community are not responsible for any damage your system may occur by using this software. This thread is maintained by the author of the project - DBlake1 and his team.

Edited by Dblake1

Some more info about what/how things will be changed would be nice. Screenshots are also welcome. ;)

I can't speak for others, but my MCE is a "production"-type machine. I'm not gonna install something on it before knowing more about it.

Is the SP3 really a requirement ?

Screenshots are on the way, along with release v1.2, which supports SP1/2/3. and i assure you, there are NO TROJANS in my pack.

I don't doubt there are no trojans, but I can't be bothered to change the settings in my AV to allow me to download and install it, especially when I don't know what it looks like. I'll give 1.2 a try when you release it.

• 3 months later...

Check out my XP MCE ehres.dll that has been edited to look like Vista Media Center http://ricktendo64.deviantart.com/art/XP-M...-2008-106010573

bober figured out that you can fix the issue of the warped green button by editing COMMONSTYLES.XML

I will be releasing v2 next year with more glass stuff, new vista fonts and a patched ehshell.exe so you can see the icon in the taskbar (it has also been renamed from "Media Center" to "Windows Media Center" thanks to AMIRZ)

vmce2fe2.png

Edited by ricktendo64