Problem integrating WMP11 into XP SP3 nLite

ronny69

Hi there,

First post here, hello! Well I'm having a bit of trouble integrating WMP11 into my XP SP3 slipstreamed install that uses nLite. I'm following the instructions here: WMP11 integration but when I install the image in Virtual PC 2007 to test, it still has WMP10 installed.

Furthermore, would the WMP11 integration cause nLite to tell me there's already a hotfix installed when I try and slipstream SP3 into a clean XP directory? Because I do get that message even though it's a clean XP directory created by copying the XP files from an original XP disc (with no service pack installed already).

Thanks for the help in advance

Cheers

Furthermore, would the WMP11 integration cause nLite to tell me there's already a hotfix installed when I try and slipstream SP3 into a clean XP directory?

It is not clear from what you write wether you really followed the order from that link. You are integrating WMP after SP3, right ? So how would it cause a problem when you integrate SP3 ? :unsure:

Hi there,

I had a simular problem with wmp11. It also didn't want to intergrate. I found an other free tool wich is just only for intergrating wmp11. That tool works perfect. You can find it here.

WMP 11 Intergrator

You can also find lots of download sites when you search for WMP 11 Intergrator in google.

Good luck.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry, I probably wasn't as clear as I should have been. In the link I provided, it says to integrate WMP11 using that WMP11 integrator tool listed in the post above BEFORE using nLite to slipstream SP3. So actually the sequence of events I'm doing is: Copy XP original files from CD to HD, open WMP11 integrator and point it to WMP11 install and XP directory so it can integrate, then open nLite and attempt to slipstream SP3 (which does work, just nLite says I should remove existing hotfixes, which there shouldn't be, before slipstreaming).

But this process as I mentioned doesn't give me WMP11 after testing the nLite'd install in Virtual PC 2007.

Any ideas?

Cheers

In the link I provided, it says to integrate WMP11 using that WMP11 integrator tool listed in the post above BEFORE using nLite to slipstream SP3.

Ok then, that's where you got it wrong. The link provides methods to integrate WMP11 in an SP3 source, then, it says after that, you can use nLite to make other changes, but these changes do not include integrating SP3. They consider you start from XP SP3. Only their tittle is not clear.

Hi,

Well after slipstreaming SP3 first and THEN integrating WMP11 (yes I have always started with a clean XP source), it looks like WMP11 is in fact present after installation is finished but there is no link in the start menu for it or on the desktop. I can start WMP11 from the programs folder though.

Also, during the installation process the following error comes up regarding WMP11:

post-206324-1219401886_thumb.jpg

Any ideas?

I will try this different WMP11 integrator mentioned above and see how that works.

Cheers for the advice

Edited by ronny69