Windows XP Unattended Install

you could try putting some of this info into the WINNT.SIF file in your I386 folder:

[Data]

Autopartition=1

MsDosInitiated=0

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

UnattendSwitch="Yes"

FileSystem=*

WaitForReboot="No"

NoWaitAfterTextMode=1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

FileSystem-ConvertNTFS

Repartition=Yes

ExtendOemPartition=0

Just copy what you need to use, the text above is for a fully unattended install and will auto partition to NTFS.

For me it's the same, but I want to be asked every time before Windows installs - this way I can choose the partition(-size). But wait: if I think about my last installs, I always partitioned my HDD before with Paragon Hard-Disk-Manager. And I never installed Windows on another drive as C: So, if there's a way to circumvent this step and let XP be always installed on an existing drive C: I would maybe use it too :thumbup

But I've got another "problem": while my nLited Windows XP installs, anytime at T-39 (or so, it's a the network-screen) I'm asked about the computer-name and the domain (so it has to be while network got installed)!

The strange thing is, that I already filled in a computer-name in nLite, which is as well shown on the screen. I only left the domain empty because I'm not connected to a domain.

Is there a way to avoid this window? It's the only thing that's missing for my fully unattended XP-CD.

Best regards

cool400 :ph34r:

I don't use nLite for many reasons so I can't help you there with what to do, you could try putting this into the WINNT.SIF file:

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup="MSHOME"

I'm pretty sure MSHOME is the default setting even if your not connected to a domain, so I think by putting this in it will skip that part as you would like it ...?

Thanks for your reply!

My (german) workgroup is named "ARBEITSGRUPPE" - should I use this name instead of "MSHOME"?

And does anyone know if there's a way to tell nLite to change the WINNT.SIF that way instead of doing this myself?

Best regards

cool400 :ph34r:

you could try putting some of this info into the WINNT.SIF file in your I386 folder:

[Data]

Autopartition=1

MsDosInitiated=0

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

UnattendSwitch="Yes"

FileSystem=*

WaitForReboot="No"

NoWaitAfterTextMode=1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

FileSystem-ConvertNTFS

Repartition=Yes

ExtendOemPartition=0

Just copy what you need to use, the text above is for a fully unattended install and will auto partition to NTFS.

I found the problem! I put the "Repartition=Yes" under [Data] instead of [unattended]. I've edited the file retried it in my VirtualPC and it's working as I hoped!

Thank you very much!

Edited by TheReasonIFail

I guess you would put ARBEITSGRUPPE ... why not do it yourself as with all my experience nLite does work as its meant to .. is why I don't use it ..

I already had this in my WINNT.SIF:

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup="ARBEITSGRUPPE"

But I still get this screen:

fehler-nlite1.jpg

Any ideas? :wacko:

Best regards

Mischa

Any ideas? :wacko:

you're not prompted for the computer name, but for the password of the built-in administrator-account...

Make the following change to WINNT.SIF to fix it:

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=*