Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2009

yagobrf29

I am trying to install Encarta 2009 on Vista Ultimate 32 bit and the application crashes. I get a message " Microsoft Encarta Set up has stopped working" "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly". I'm thinking that is probably an incompatibility with a software installed in my PC, though I don't have that much software installed. List of software Adobe's (Fireworks CS3, Dreamweaver CS3, Illustrator CS3, Flash CS3 Professional, Photoshop CS3, Acrobat 8Professional), Magic ISO, Logitech mouse and keyboard software, Microsoft Office 2007 pro, Divx pro, Cucusoft, game shadow, Epson printer and scaner software, Lavalys Everest, Futuremark 06, 3D mark vantage, Nero 7 Ultra Edition, Quick time, Steam, TWEAK IV, WIN AVI video converter,Virtual DJ, WIN rar, Win Zip) Any ideas, Some help please. Thanks. :hello::unsure:

It may helps you.....

Turn off Date Execution Prevention (DEP)

Run CMD as Administrator and execute the following command to turn off DEP

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Now restart and try to install once again.

I am just adding my two cents here.

If it is a program interference then it might be something that is not legal to begin with. Like Magical ISO gives me a problem sometimes after time has passed or Divx is not even a consumer or inhouse codec.

Also why do you need Encarta to begin with? Personally I use the net to obtain information now considering dictionary and having solid materials on hand.

Thank you NEO and DigeratiPrime for your input. Getting turning off DEP help. Also copying the files to a folder in my desktop was also good since help me find out a different way to get it installed. I also found out the software in question giving me the headache " TWEAK VI". I found the way for all my software in my PC to co-exist without having to uninstall anyone. :hello::thumbup Thank you. LOL