Leaving product key empty in XP SP 3 install

I slipstreamed SP3 and ran the install, I left the product key empty, that is now allowed. You have to enter it upon activation. How would I achieve this in an unattended installation? I use the Microsoft Deployment Tools (setupmgr.exe) to create the unattended.txt file, but it requires the product key.

Thanks!

Hi random0xff,

XP SP3 uses a CD Key thats listed in a file the i386 folder. Use that CD Key in your Winnt.sif.

Make sure you use the right ones as they are different for Home and Pro.

Sorry, I can't remember the file name at the moment and don't have access to any install disks here. :(

You can found some more product keys in pid.inf that are used when we skip to enter product key according to version of Windows XP.
Thats the file, Thanks Neo. :)

Theres a couple of keys listed in the 'pid.inf' try them out and see which ones works for which versions of XP.

Then add it to your 'winnt.sif' file, it will work for 30 days before activation ;)

You can found some more product keys in pid.inf that are used when we skip to enter product key according to version of Windows XP.
Thats the file, Thanks Neo. :)

Theres a couple of keys listed in the 'pid.inf' try them out and see which ones works for which versions of XP.

Then add it to your 'winnt.sif' file, it will work for 30 days before activation ;)

Your most Welcome :thumbup