[SOLVED] My mistake with an add-on--> Always test your discs

Happy-Dude

Update::

I've sucessfully integrated SP3+updates+system patches+themes+nLite tweaks and unattended+XPize (4.7 and darkside)+WMP11 via booogy's integrator (this I did after XPize 4.7, but before final nLite to remove stuff and stuff, so the SVCPACK.INF entries may differ from the earlier GOOD-svcpack.inf).

Attaching lastsession+RVMi log+ SVCPACK.ing.

Check 'em out. I will virtualize test them :) .

NewTest.7z

Edited by Happy-Dude

-----------------------------------------------------------

Erm ... wtf ?!?

SVCPACK.INF is exactly the same as previous, no changes (other than subtle ones like quotations). That means that WMP11 should still be alright with integration .... Thus, WMP11 is not source of problem. --> But still waiting to see if unregmp2.dll error pops up. I think something funnys going on ... -_-

Nope, no unregmp2.dll error ... However, install still halted.

NEXT TEST:

--Only use RVMi for system patches + update pack + .NET AIO

--Only use nLite for removing + tweaking + unattended

----NO theme add-ons included this time (even though they were confirmed as not source of problem)

----Will include Darkside as add-on --> should tell me whether or not I'm doing something wrong with it

**If the next test is halted, will try without XPize Darkside add-on

**Note: XPize 4.7 confirmed as not source of problem. Successful integration during earlier RVMi test + WMP11 slipstream and nLite .iso creation only

-----------

EDIT::

OOookkkkaaayyy ....

Installation halted, once again at T13 mark.

I'll see if integrating WMP11 once again will correct the problem.

Will upload wmp11SVCPACK.INF file later on once the .iso is done ;) .

-end edit-

------------------------------------------------------------

Found something during test (which is right now)::

--I believe that WMP11 should be integrated via boogy's method as one of the later steps (as in steps that are after nLite).

reason for: nLite seems to have gotten rid of the entries that WMP11 adds onto SVCPACK (check out compare.7z and newtest.7z files and use notepad++ to compare).

I believe that caused an error to pop-up during T13 -->

something like

unregmp2.dll unable to find wmdrmsdk.dll

--> related threads (from like 2 years ago 0_0 !!): http://www.msfn.org/board/HELP-unregmp2exe...amp;mode=linear + http://www.msfn.org/board/New-Utility-Wind....html&st=40

This wasn't a problem with the earlier successful integration. So that leads me to conclude that either WMP11 slipstreamer or nLite 1.4.8 has missed something during its updated versions since then.

Can anyone double check on this?

Right now I will integrate WMP11 once again and do another .iso test.

Edited by Happy-Dude

sigh:

in this order

- ALWAYS start with a stock, virgin, never modified XP SP2 source

- integrate WMP11 using Booggys tools

- integrate addons, patches, tweaks, etc using nlite

- integrate driverpacks using their base tool (if you have the need to add drivers)

- create iso

- test in a correctly configured VM

- repeat as necessary

You never, EVER want to modify an already modified XP source to change things or to attempt a fix for something you may have messed up. START OVER.

ALWAYS start fresh and use a minimum of tools, in the correct order, to get the job done.

Edited by newsposter

sigh:

in this order

- ALWAYS start with a stock, virgin, never modified XP SP2 source

- integrate WMP11 using Booggys tools

- integrate addons, patches, tweaks, etc using nlite

- integrate driverpacks using their base tool (if you have the need to add drivers)

- create iso

- test in a correctly configured VM

- repeat as necessary

You never, EVER want to modify an already modified XP source to change things or to attempt a fix for something you may have messed up. START OVER.

ALWAYS start fresh and use a minimum of tools, in the correct order, to get the job done.

Thanks for the reply, newsposter. (Been noticing you've been following this thread also ;) .)

But, I'm already doing that (just in a slightly different order). Do you know where I should place XPize in that? Also (from an earlier post), integrating WMP11 early and later have different entries in SVCPACK.inf.

Anyway, yeah, I've been starting fresh ... Every single test -_- ...

This is what I've said this before:

It's just really exhausting to do this all day

Yeah ... All those times = new copy + new slipstream + new integration ........ ..... ... . ..

Really time consuming -_- . Anyways, I think its a problem with my unattended. Or my XPize Darkside add-on.

Testing another try right now. Wish me luck ;) ...

............ .... ... .. .... -_____-

It was my XPize Darkside add-on ... OOOMMMGGG ....

Yeah. I feel REALLY stupid now. I thought the SVCPACK method here would work:: http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t97530.html. Apparently, it doesn't -__- !!

(Reason why I used it: I wanted the login/ logoff screens. Apparently, I could've just asked: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?sho...&hl=logonui )

OMG !!

**Right now, I'm double checking whether or not it is my XPize add-on. Will start integrating everything again ... With the exception of the XPizeadd-on -_- .

Note: XPize installers (any) into hotfixes work just fine. Shoulda just done that -_- .

Edited by Happy-Dude

Heya guys !!

Well, as it turns out, it was indeed my Darkside add-on.

Funny ... Integrating XPize 4.7 and afterwards Darkside with nLite works like a charm.

So ... That was it.

Add-ons compatible + themes compatible + drivers compatible + tweaks + settings ... Etc. Everything.

It was just me and my stubbornness that I didn't like to admit it was a fault of an add-on -_- . So, the method described here (or at least how I thought it was worded) does not work all that well: http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t97530.html . <-- Perhaps someone can make an add-on/ clarify on the steps ?

So, right now, I'm testing my existing VM box and waiting on updated add-ons. I'm gonna check on whether all my add-ons are installed and stuff like that. It's late, and I should get some sleep :zzz: .

**Apparently, Threatfire kinda failed. I'll check up on that since I think a runonce thing did pop-up and stuff.

I will try to see whether or not I can get Registry Tweaks off this virtual machine and I'll check on whether or not things came out right.

Wish me luck, guys :thumbup !! Thanks for sticking with me all this time ;) !! It means a lot to me !!

(I will include my lastsession and RVMi log for people to take a look if they like. I will also update my first post with a quote of this post.)

lastsession__TEST.7z

Edited by Happy-Dude