[SOLVED] My mistake with an add-on--> Always test your discs

Happy-Dude

**Below are two attached files. lastsession-test is the latest one, which works like a charm, and the other is the one I originally posted. It was the problematic one.**

Heya guys !!

Well, as it turns out, it was indeed my Darkside add-on.

Funny ... Integrating XPize 4.7 and afterwards Darkside with nLite works like a charm.

So ... That was it.

Add-ons compatible + themes compatible + drivers compatible + tweaks + settings ... Etc. Everything.

It was just me and my stubbornness that I didn't like to admit it was a fault of an add-on -_- . So, the method described here (or at least how I thought it was worded) does not work all that well: http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t97530.html . <-- Perhaps someone can make an add-on/ clarify on the steps ?

So, right now, I'm testing my existing VM box and waiting on updated add-ons. I'm gonna check on whether all my add-ons are installed and stuff like that. It's late, and I should get some sleep :zzz: .

**Apparently, Threatfire kinda failed. I'll check up on that since I think a runonce thing did pop-up and stuff.

I will try to see whether or not I can get Registry Tweaks off this virtual machine and I'll check on whether or not things came out right.

Wish me luck, guys :thumbup !! Thanks for sticking with me all this time ;) !! It means a lot to me !!

(I will include my lastsession and RVMi log for people to take a look if they like. I will also update my first post with a quote of this post.)

-------------------------------------------Original Post:

Heya guys !!

I'm just wondering, how long should a *typical* (last session attached) nLited-WinXP take?

Also, since I'm testing in a Virtual Machine, how do you know whether or not the install froze or crashed or halted? Right now, using VirtualBox, I keep an eye out for the Hard Drive and CD Disc activity icons. But still ... Sometimes they don't move or have activity going on.

So, this is what I got:

-SP3

-RVMi for system file patches (uxtheme + sfc + network + others) + updatepack + .NET AIO

-XPize

-and the stuff in this lastsession.ini file

How long do you guys think I should wait before deeming that I ... failed? I think I should wait another 30 minutes, from now (been going for at least 10).

Please respond ASAP ;) !!

EDIT--

I know for a fact that it went past the SpywareTerminator install (I saw the last dialogue box). And that's about all ... Do you think perhaps that the .NET AIO is taking a long time to install?

LAST_SESSION.INI

lastsession__TEST.7z

Edited by Happy-Dude

Hmm Drivers ...

Well, all I did for the drivers was to use Drivermax to export, and then use nLite to integrate (so basically that means these are all the driver that I need for my specific machine).

Anyway ... I guess I can correct this by just doing a Driver-import feature with Drivermax in a nLited install :) .

When do Drivers get integrated ? Before or after programs/ hotfixes? (I think I remember Drivermax dialogue poping up also, so that means it did get further than SpyTerminator.)

Can I get a second opinion? It's just really annoying to have to redo all these things again .... -_-

Yeah ... ummm it's been over 30 minutes now, and VirtualBox is showing no signs of *life*.

Perhaps you're right boooggy? Maybe Drivermax driver backups aren't compatible with nLite integration? (Anyone know for sure?)

As least DriverMax can easily import these drivers back (all I need to do is backup them into a flash drive or cd ;) ).

Might there still be a second opinion? Anyone?

Yeah ... Well, I think I'm gonna halt the thing now. Wish me luck next time :) !!

There has to be something else wrong with your install.

I integrate every driverpack available on top of 42 addons and my VB install takes 20 minutes or less.

How much memory are you giving to the virtualbox VM? 256 Mb would be the min, 384 Mb better.

Yeah ...

I redid the disk today, and I'm testing it.

This time, I used Driverpacks instead. Unfortunately, it seems that it wasn't the source of the problem.

Right now, I know for a fact that the install went past or is at Advanced WindowsCare (saw the pop-up). And afterwards, I noted that there was no activity for hard drive or disk drive. I'll wait another 30 minutes ... Until I deem this another failure -_- ... (Still stuck at 13 min mark, the part where add-ons are installed.)

Can anyone help? I dunno what's wrong ....

@newsposter: I gave the virtual machine 256 MB of RAM. Yeah, I think there is something else wrong ... -_-

**Perhaps I should integrate themes with RVMi? I did, after all, get my themes off of http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/ (I'll double check if they're compatible.)

That means there's perhaps a problem with: Can someone double check if these add-ons work correctly?

C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\RegistryDefrag-4.1.12.105.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Firefox-301-HD.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\IE7PRO.7z
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\WiseRegistryCleaner-364.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\WOT-20080714.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\FinjanSecureBrowsing-1319.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Gorki_AddOn_JkDefragGUI_300508.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\WeatherPulse-2.10.5.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\FreshDiagnose-788.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\ProgramAddons nLite 1.4.8.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\FoxitReader-2.3.3201.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Ricks_VistaRTMFonts_AddOn_v1.1.7z
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Themes_Kels_RVC_Addon_v1.2.CAB
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\AIO_Vista_Theme_Addon_by_LUZR4LIFE.7z
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\AIO_Royale_and_Royal_Theme_Addon_by_LUZR4LIFE.7z
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\AIO_Luna_Theme_Addon_by_LUZR4LIFE.7z
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Kal_Addon_VistaInspirate2_ReplaceLuna_1.0.7z
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Rubabs_Aquanox_AddOn.rar
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Kal_Luna_Element_Blue_5.1_Addon_v1.0.7z
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Ricks_LunaRoyale_AddOn_v3.2.rar
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Ricks_LunaRoyaleColor_AddOn_v3.2.rar
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Rubabs_RhorsVG_ThemeAddOn.rar
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Ricks_LunaRoyaleOrb_AddOn_v3.2.rar
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Rubabs_VistaVG_BlueRefresh_ThemeAddOn.rar
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Rubabs_VistaVG_Black_ThemeAddOn.rar
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\Kal_Luna_Element_Black_5.1_Addon_v1.0.7z
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Theme Add-Ons\5er_MSSignedThemes_Addon_v5.0_x86.7z

Anyone?

EDIT::

Well, yeah ... It's halted ... It went well past 30 minutes ... I'll try a modular -add-one-thing-at-a-time- approach now. Wish me luck !!

Edited by Happy-Dude

I can tell you it is not "5er_MSSignedThemes_Addon_v5.0_x86.7z"; I've just run another test on it to be certain. ;)

Switchless installers run at T-13. I'd suggest removing all "Addons" that do not have "Addon" in their file names and re-add them one at a time to see which one may be causing you grief. Here's a list of potential suspects:

• RegistryDefrag-4.1.12.105.cab
    Firefox-301-HD.cab
    IE7PRO.7z
    WiseRegistryCleaner-364.cab
    WOT-20080714.cab
    FinjanSecureBrowsing-1319.cab
    WeatherPulse-2.10.5.cab
    FreshDiagnose-788.cab
    ProgramAddons nLite 1.4.8.cab
    FoxitReader-2.3.3201.cab

You can do this easily by editing SVCPACK.INF and adding semicolons ( ; ) to the beginning of each program line to temporarily remove it for testing.

Edited by 5eraph

Those are johndoe74's add-ons.

He has made nearly all my add-ons :) . I don't believe they are causing the problem, since he tests them on a virtual machine.

EDIT:: Note: nearly all of johndoe74's add-ons don't have add-on on the name.

What I am doing now: Using RVMi to integrate themes. And then, I will make a .iso and test. That means I haven't removed components, added drivers, or anything like that yet. I will do that after, and then make .iso (and that should check whether or not the themes were causing the problem).

Doesn't work, will use the *;* for SVCPACK.inf entries, like you suggested, 5eraph :) .

Edited by Happy-Dude

Update::

Just installed disk on VirtualBox --> Everything okay.

So if it was a themes problem, solved by integrating with RVMi.

Now ... To create a full disk with nLite ... I'll be doing integration of driver and add-ons and removing and tweaking.

Wish me luck !!

Now testing fully nLited disk with edits and removes and drivers and such. Wish me luck ... ;) !!

Edited by Happy-Dude

DARN !!

I think it failed again .... -_-

Alright, this is what I SAW:

-Winpatrol + Spyware Terminator + Drivermax + Advanced WindowsCare installs all checked out alright (and is correct according to my order of installation)

This is what is after Advanced WindowsCare:

C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\RegistryDefrag-4.1.12.105.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Firefox-301-HD.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\IE7PRO.7z
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\WiseRegistryCleaner-364.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\WOT-20080714.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\FinjanSecureBrowsing-1319.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\Gorki_AddOn_JkDefragGUI_300508.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\WeatherPulse-2.10.5.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\FreshDiagnose-788.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\ProgramAddons nLite 1.4.8.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\Stanley\Desktop\nLite Files\nLite Add-ons\FoxitReader-2.3.3201.cab

I will not try omitting entries with the semicolon ... ;;;; !!

Alright ...

Guys. I need help checking out what the crap is wrong ...

I've extracted the GOOD svcpack.inf and BAD svcpack.inf .

I've also put the GOOD lastsession and BAD lastsession into the attachment below.

The RVMi log is GOOD for BOTH the sessions.

Can someone please help check these out for me? Thanks a lot ... It helps me very much. And I really appreciate it.

(I've tried comparing the entries with notepad++, but ... I dunno what to do with them. So, remember, something below AWC-281.exe entry in svcpack.inf of BAD is causing a longer install.)

I've attached a .7z file below. Does anyone require a different extension/ compression? Let me know.

Thanks guys ... I'll be waiting.

Compare.7z

Edited by Happy-Dude

[double post] --> I'll make use of this space::

Since I extracted the svcpack.inf, how do I compress it again?

I dunno how to make svcpack.inf into a SVCPACK.IN_ file again. -_-

Edited by Happy-Dude

You don't need to compress it again if you delete the compressed copy. Windows setup will use what's available, but if both are present it will use the compressed copy. ;)

Thanks, 5eraph.

So ... I've used notepad++ and used the compare utility:

I believe these are IE7. Shouldn't be a problem.

COMPPKV1.CAT
IDNMITIGATIONAPIS.CAT
IE7.CAT
KB928090-IE7.CAT
KB928788.CAT
KB929399.CAT
KB929773.CAT
KB932390.CAT
KB933547.CAT
KB935551.CAT
KB935552.CAT
KB935560-IE7.CAT
KB938127-IE7.CAT
KB939209.CAT
KB939683.CAT
KB941569.CAT
KB944882.CAT
KB945381.CAT
KB946665.CAT
KB950478.CAT
KB950759-IE7.CAT

I believe this is WMP11, but why is it MISSING from the BAD svcpack.inf ?

wmfdst11.cat
wmp11.cat
wudf0100.cat
comppkv1.cat
KB932390.cat
KB933547.cat
KB935551.cat
KB935552.cat
KB939209.cat
KB939683.cat
KB944882.cat
KB945381.cat
KB946665.cat
KB950478.cat
KB941569.cat
KB928788.cat
KB929399.cat
KB929773.cat

And what are these?

NLSDOWNLEVELMAPPING.CAT
WMFDST11.CAT
WMP11.CAT
WUDF0100.CAT

(Update) What I am doing now::

[[Was delayed by forgetting to integrate SP3 ... Had to start all over again.]]

--Will only integrate drivers (from Drivermax) and XPize 4.7 (I have installed Xpize Darkside as a runonce using ricktendo's add-on, where I utilized several switched to get some things like login screen and stuff)

+

--Since I noticed some WMP11 entries aren't there, I will integrate WMP11 as the last step.

+

--Afterwards, if no problems, integrating add-ons should be a snap. Will try to break them in half.

I'll post back to let you guys know how far I've come. It's just really exhausting to do this all day ;) .

Edited by Happy-Dude