Date Accessed of Files

Kindovic

Hi guys,

I've checked the date accessed most of my personal files and I found that they were accessed very recently and almost at the same time. I've not accessed these files for quite some time already. What actually causes this and could it be someone is hacking my system? I've attached a screenshot. I'm not able to provide the filename, size and type as I don't wish to disclose much. Sorry abt this.

Thanks

post-167541-1219035234_thumb.jpg

Indexing, backups or system scans can "access" a large number of files to update that time stamp to the same (or very close) value.

Something like Windows (or another) Desktop Search tool, some backup or system restore utility, or anti-virus full system scan, for example.

i think running an anti-virus scan does not affect the date accessed attribute. Because, after i capture the screenshot, I straight away did a full scan and I found out that the date accessed attribute is unchanged.

Anyway, wat is the purpose of indexing service??

Edited by Kindovic

It scans through files on disk and creates a catalog containing keys on which you can search, so you can locate files by contents, not just names.

It scans through files on disk and creates a catalog containing keys on which you can search, so you can locate files by contents, not just names.

icic, thanks for the explanation!

:thumbup