Status of TC76

Tomalak

MSFN is a community, so to help the community developers should post regularly. I hate those developers who keep playing dead.
Wow. I understand your frustration, but you should reconsider how demanding you should be of those who provide things for free.

Just curious: have you donated any money to HFSLIP? I have donated a fair amount, but I still won't give TC any grief about having to pay attention to his real life concerns. Real life trumps online life any day.

TP: Can you please have TC contact me? Or let me know how you managed to reach him? Thanks!

I do provide test results, send in bug reports and even some fixes. Besides that I also release all projects on MSFN with code and documentation.

HFSLIP is open source. I would be able to work on it, but the code is not documented.

I would even donate some money to support this project, but unfortunately HFSLIP does not support business use.

MSFN is a community, so to help the community developers should post regularly. I hate those developers who keep playing dead.
ouch ... :no: but seriously, i'm confident TC will be back ...

EDIT: i tried logging into my messenger and just tried to send an offline message to TC ... guess what, he replied ... asked his permission to share this with our community ...

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

hey TC! this is kiki ... hope all things are going well for you ... a lot of people from our MSFN community, HFSLIP in particular miss your presence ... cheers!

hfslip_tc76 says:

Hi Kiki. Nice to hear from you. I'm still around, but don't have any spare time. You're lucky to catch me on YM... :)

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

ha! ha! that's nice to hear from you ... i shall post this just to let our HFSLIP friends out there know that you are still here :)

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

hopefully, when you have time, you could look into HFSLIP once again ... lots of changes have happened with the post SP3 updates ...

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

TC TC!

hfslip_tc76 says:

Many updates aren't slipstreamed properly?

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

yeah something like that ...

hfslip_tc76 says:

I think I saw someone posting a list of needed changes, but that was a while ago. I can't promise anything, though.

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

it's alright ... we'll wait ... the last update though we had was i believe June 08 ...

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

i think there's a lot out there waiting for 2.0 as well ...

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

take your time ... our OS still works fine ;)

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

yeah tomalak started that topic

hfslip_tc76 says:

I think I'll be "downleveling" the IE7, IE8 and WMP11-specific code from HFSLIP 2.0 into an intermediate version (HFSLIP 1.8). Otherwise there's still too much work to be done on HFSLIP 2.0.

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

no rush here sir ... maybe just some needed updates for HFSLIP version - 1.7.8

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

in any case, this is the link to what tomalak initiated: http://www.msfn.org/board/Important-hfslip-178-t124566.html

hfslip_tc76 says:

Not many changes need to be done, apparantly (at least for HFSLIP 1.x).

hfslip_tc76 says:

I hope to get a newer version out soon, but I won't put a date on it.

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

accommodation of slipstreaming post SP3 updates mostly :) .... looking forward to that TC ... i'm sure everyone will be glad about this

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

:D

hfslip_tc76 says:

OK. Thanks.

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

your welcome and thanks in advance! lastly, asking your permission to post this in HFSLIP ...

hfslip_tc76 says:

Sure, go ahead

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

thanks! lokking forward to your update ... don't let me bother you any further ... glad to hear from you TC! have a good one!

hfslip_tc76 says:

You too

hfslip_tc76 says:

Bye :)

-kiki- ext 84010 says:

bye!

hope this alleviates some tensions a bit .. thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

• 2 years later...

Tracked Tomcat76 down today via Skype. He is doing well and focusing on real life. Doesn't sound like he'll have time for HFSLIP any time soon. I"ll be visiting Belgium in a few weeks and hope to drop in and have lunch with him. Be jealous :)

I doubt that very much!

First of all the supported Operating Systems are too outdated to be worth the effort. Also the batch script itself is now bloated, very badly structured for easy updating and maintenance and in many places not very well written or formatted in order to be modified by end users.