iTunes without QuickTime

ajua

Hi just want to say great work with this installer, and many thanks to all the developers' who have invested their time and effort to making alternatives to annoying appz like Quicktime and Realtime. Apple are no better than Microsoft, in fact in many ways they are worse, when they force us to install so much unnecessary rubbish and try to monopolize the market. There is so much greed within these corporations. I received the iphone as a gift, so had to install iTunes, but was determined to find a way to not install Quicktime.

For those who are still unsure, this is is the order you install the software:

1. Install Quicktime Alternative lite 2.80

2. Install Itune add-on 2.70 (I understand this is now not necessary with the 2.80 version of quicktime alternative, although I did install it and it did no harm)

3. Install the Switchless iTunes

4. Install AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi (if you have IPhone - to acquire this file, download iTunes from the Apple website, and extract the contents using WinRAR or 7zip)

hope this helps.

Sounds like you've done a great job!

Unfortunately I'm unable to test it, since I can't find the 7.7 version anywhere :(

Shark's msfn repository root is forbidden as in 403, and I can't find previous versions on Elajua's website.

Can they still be obtained from somewhere? anywhere? ;)

Many thanks in advance.

Sounds like you've done a great job!

Unfortunately I'm unable to test it, since I can't find the 7.7 version anywhere :(

Shark's msfn repository root is forbidden as in 403, and I can't find previous versions on Elajua's website.

Can they still be obtained from somewhere? anywhere? ;)

Many thanks in advance.

Why don't you try the latest version?

For some reason I thought the 8.x versions of iTunes were only compatible with 2.1+ iPod Touch/iPhone software.

Seems I was wrong, though :).

I was already "pretending" to run firmware 2.2.1 on my iTouch through the FWChanger app (while I'm still running 2.0.2), and your iTunes 8 version works like a charm. So yes, I can finally confirm you did a great job!

Thanks for the hard work, and sorry for bothering you.

Cheers,

Robin.

For some reason I thought the 8.x versions of iTunes were only compatible with 2.1+ iPod Touch/iPhone software.

Seems I was wrong, though :).

I was already "pretending" to run firmware 2.2.1 on my iTouch through the FWChanger app (while I'm still running 2.0.2), and your iTunes 8 version works like a charm. So yes, I can finally confirm you did a great job!

Thanks for the hard work, and sorry for bothering you.

Cheers,

Robin.

No problem. I'm glad to know it is working with your iTouch.

• 3 weeks later...
The new 8.2.0.23 versions are uploading right now. I will update the main post when they are done.

Main post updated.

Thank. Do you have plan to do a AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi switchless intaller ?

Thank. Do you have plan to do a AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi switchless intaller ?

I don't plan to make one, but you can see if the MSI setup for Mobile Support installs other things. If it doesn't, you can make your own SFX installers.

Maybe i will take look at it but i don't have the time to test properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone please upload Itunes 8.2 I know its there but if someone could link it with a megashare or rename the file cause I'm at work and they dont allow us to donwload I tunes here. I could download anything from that list but the itunes. Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lieferant

Hi guys!

I need to know how to install iTunes switchless to another partition than C: ? Because C ist my system drive, I don't want to install any third party programs there (these go to partition F:).

Thanks in advance