iTunes without QuickTime

ajua

I'm getting a network error occurred when trying to read from iTunes64.msi on Vista x64 lol?

I can't test x64 installers but it seems like it could be a failed installation of an earlier iTunes version.

Uninstall iTunes and download Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here.

Then, try to install my switchless installer and see if it works well this time. Don't forget QuickTime Alternative and its iTunes Add-on too.

I'm getting a network error occurred when trying to read from iTunes64.msi on Vista x64 lol?

I can't test x64 installers but it seems like it could be a failed installation of an earlier iTunes version.

Uninstall iTunes and download Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here.

Then, try to install my switchless installer and see if it works well this time. Don't forget QuickTime Alternative and its iTunes Add-on too.

On 32 bit machines QuickTime Alternative + Add-on works fine with iTunes 8 but on Vista x64 it doesn't work :D. I'll try the clean up utility

On 32 bit machines QuickTime Alternative + Add-on works fine with iTunes 8 but on Vista x64 it doesn't work :D. I'll try the clean up utility

Hm okay well it seems like the problem was that I didn't restart the machine after installing. The switchless then works fine and so does QT Lite + Add-on cheers!

• 1 month later...

Quick Question:

Will this version of iTunes still be able to sync my iPod with iTunes?
I realize I would have to start iTunes manually, of course, since iTunesHelper no longer will be loaded.

TK

Edited by TommyK

What would be great is a version of iTunes without QT, Bonjour, iTunes Helper, Mobile Me, Apple Software Update, but still installs the Apple Mobile Device Support so that iPhones and the Touch can still get sync'd and recognized.

Quick Question:

Will this version of iTunes still be able to sync my iPod with iTunes?
I realize I would have to start iTunes manually, of course, since iTunesHelper no longer will be loaded.

TK

What would be great is a version of iTunes without QT, Bonjour, iTunes Helper, Mobile Me, Apple Software Update, but still installs the Apple Mobile Device Support so that iPhones and the Touch can still get sync'd and recognized.

"Modifications: No Bonjour service, no iTunesHelper or iPodService at startup and no MobileMe support. Shortcuts are not advertised."

You will be able to sync and update your iPod/iPhone without problems.

You only need the latest version of QuickTime Alternative.

On one XP computer, installing Itunes (this version) and QT Lite still did not permit the IPod Touch to be seen correctly. It was only seen as a camera. My solution was as follows. I downloaded the full Itunes from Apple. I used Winzip to extract the Apple Mobile Device Support installer. Installed that program and now Itunes can see see the Ipod.

I can only surmise that the Mobile Device Support was previously un-installed.

Edited by sunrisecc

"Modifications: No Bonjour service, no iTunesHelper or iPodService at startup and no MobileMe support. Shortcuts are not advertised."

:thumbup Fantastic! Thanks for your continued work on this project.

TK

Call me an id***..but you repackaged your custom installer to the above specs? Your website still says it was modified november 2008. So I wnated to make sure that's where to get this latest version.

Thanks

On one XP computer, installing Itunes (this version) and QT Lite still did not permit the IPod Touch to be seen correctly. It was only seen as a camera. My solution was as follows. I downloaded the full Itunes from Apple. I used Winzip to extract the Apple Mobile Device Support installer. Installed that program and now Itunes can see see the Ipod.

I can only surmise that the Mobile Device Support was previously un-installed.

I don't have an iPod Touch to test, but i don't remember to read other users having problems with the Touchs.

However, you can always install Mobile Device Support if you can't see it normally. Try in other computer without Mobile Device Support but make sure to uninstall iTunes and reboot before installing mine.

I suspect that whoever uninstalled the previous Itunes also unistalled the Mobile Device Support.

I was only adding how I solved the problem of restoring the Mobile Device Support. I have installed your Itunes in 4 computers with nary a problem.

• 1 month later...